was a Democratic
candidate for District 31
of the Georgia State Senate
. The primary election
was on July 20, 2010 and the general election was on November 2
- See also: Georgia State Senate elections, 2010
Bennett was unopposed in the July 20 primary.
| Georgia State Senate, District 31 - Democratic Primary (2010)
| Tracy Gene Bennett
Bennett lost in the November 2 general election to Republican incumbent Bill Heath.
On his campaign website, Bennett lists six issues he is basing his campaign around. They are:
- For Jobs, Jobs, & A Stronger Economy
- Excerpt: "I understand that Employers want an environment that will stand the test of time. Before you get a Cabala's, a VW Plant, or any other decent high employment company to invest in our district, they will look at four areas; Incentives, Education (their future work force), Transportation, and Water."
- Excerpt: "If you want a strong economy for everyone? It starts with our children's education! If you want to grow corn, you can't buy it as a stalk...By increasing the graduation rate the state will save Millions of tax dollars each year."
- For Better Transportation & Water
- Excerpt: "Fresh clean water creates Jobs, Water is critical for Farmers, Water provides relaxation and recreation, and Water is good for our Environment."
- For Public Safety & Seniors
- Excerpt: " I will support better Senior programs. I will support stiffer penalties for criminals that take advantage of Seniors. I want to protect your Retirement, Your Social Security and Your benefits."
- Excerpt: "My conservative Values make me believe its Morally wrong to stuff wasteful spending by hiding them in bills that have no bearing on the issue, and it should be illegal."
- For Sensible & Accessible Leadership