The Transportation and Infrastructure Committee is a standing committee of the Missouri State Senate.
Per Rule 25 of the Senate Rules, committees in the Missouri State Senate are appointed by the President Pro Tem. Committees are appointed after the adoption of the Senate Rules at the beginning of the two-year General Assembly. Committee membership is to be as equal to the partisan balance of the chamber as possible. The chair of a committee may appoint subcommittees with the committee's approval. The President Pro Tem, the Majority Floor Leader and the Minority Floor Leader are considered members of all standing and statutory committees ex officio, but do not having voting power in any unless appointed to it proper. Although not explicitly stated in the Senate Rules, the President Pro Tem has previously demonstrated a responsibility for filling vacancies in committees.
See rules: List of Member, Officers, Committees and Rules of the Senate
||The Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure shall consider and report upon bills and matters referred to it concerning roads, highways, bridges, airports and aviation, railroads, port authorities, and other means of transportation and matters relating to motor vehicles, motor vehicle registration and drivers' licenses.
The following table describes committee membership at the beginning of the 2013 legislative session.
The following table describes committee membership for the 2011 legislative session.
The following table describes committee membership for the 2009 legislative session.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Missouri Senate, "List of Member, Officers, Committees and Rules of the Senate," accessed January 17, 2014Rule 25
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Missouri Senate, "List of Member, Officers, Committees and Rules of the Senate," accessed January 17, 2014Rule 26
- ↑ Missouri Senate, "Capitol Briefing: Week of Jan. 13, 2014," accessed January 17, 2014Senators Appointed to Serve on Standing Committees
- ↑ Missouri Senate, "List of Members, Officers, Committees and Rules of the Senate," accessed January 21, 2014 Rule 28(16)
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.