|U.S. House, Arizona, District 9|
|Bachelor's||Arizona State University|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
|Years of service||1999-present|
|Place of birth||February 24, 1979|
|Profession||Chief Operations Officer, International Air Response|
was a 2012 Republican
candidate seeking election to the U.S. House
representing the 9th Congressional District
Grantham's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Fixing the economy – Creating Jobs
- Excerpt: "The United States is facing an unprecedented economic crisis. Fixing our economy is going to require a drastic change from the current mindset that believes “government knows best.” Several steps need to be taken to start to put our economy back on the right path."
- Excerpt: "Bottom line – if you want to stimulate the economy, create jobs and allow true economic growth then you must let the people keep more of their hard earned money. By lowering taxes on individuals and businesses we will encourage additional spending and investment which has been and always will be the driving force behind true economic growth."
- Reducing Federal Spending
- Excerpt: "As a member of congress I would vote no on raising the debt ceiling. We cannot allow politicians and bureaucrats to have the opportunity to spend and continue to print even more money. Our government is addicted to spending and we must take drastic steps to both stop increased spending but also cut current levels of spending."
- Excerpt: "Medical decisions belong in the hands of patients and doctors – not the government."
- Excerpt: "First and foremost we must secure our borders. We owe it to our citizens to utilize EVERY means necessary to secure our border including utilization of the National Guard, which I will continue to be a part of while serving this district."
- See also: Arizona's 9th congressional district elections, 2012
Grantham ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Arizona's 9th District. He was defeated by Vernon Parker in the Republican primary on August 28, 2012.
Candidates for Congress were required to file up to seven main reports with the Federal Election Commission during the 2012 elections season. Below are Grantham's reports.
|Travis Grantham (2012) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 4, 2012||$119,922.19||$111,643||$(30,731.10)||$200,834.09|
|July Quarterly||July 13, 2012||$200,834.09||$100,525.50||$(86,529.91)||$214,829.68|
|Pre-Primary||August 14, 2012||$214,829.68||$5,113||$(185,255.26)||$34,687.42|
Grantham and his wife, Patricia, have two children.