|Montana Public Service Commissioner - District 1|
|2010 - Present|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|High school||Great Falls High School (2002)|
|Bachelor's||Harvard University (2006)|
|Master's||Cambridge University, London (2008)|
|Birthday||August 15, 1984|
|Place of birth||Havre, Montana|
A February 2013 article in Governing named Kavulla as one of the top state Republican officials to watch in 2013.
A journalist by trade, Kavulla served as editor of National Review from 2006-2007. He currently works freelance.
- MA, African History, Cambridge University, London, England, 2008
- BA, History, Harvard University, 2006
- Great Falls High School, 2002
Public Service Commission (2011-Present)
The youngest regulatory commissioner in state history, Kavulla was elected in November 2010 at the age of 26.
Kavulla won election on November 2, 2010, defeating Democrat Don Ryan.
|Montana Public Service Commission District 1, 2010|
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Travis Kavulla's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Travis Kavulla's Campaign Contributions|
Montana Public Service Commission
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$17,260 (Dem.)|
|Top 5 contributors||Travis Kavulla||$9,565|
|Valley County Republican Central Committee||$1,000|
|Breanna K. Lopuch||$480|
|Dawson County Republican Central Committee||$400|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Travis + Kavulla + Montana"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- City should sign settlement proposal - Great Falls Tribune
- Keep utility executive's salaries public - Montana Standard
- Tentative SME deal reached: Agreement would sever city's relationship with co-op - Great Falls Tribune
- Montana PSC reduces initial NorthWestern Energy natural gas rate increase - The Missoulian
- PSC eyes repeal of exec salary disclosure - Helena Independent Record
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Montana Public Service Commission - Travis Kavulla
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Project Vote Smart, "Travis Kavulla biography," accessed December 24, 2011
- ↑ Governing, "State Republican Officials to Watch in 2013," February 6, 2013
- ↑ Montana Public Service Commission, "About Travis Kavulla," accessed December 24, 2011
- ↑ Montana Secretary of State, "November 2, 2010 general election results," accessed December 17, 2011
- ↑ Follow the Money.org
|Montana Public Service Commissioner District 1
| Succeeded by|