|Montana Public Service Commissioner - District 1|
|2011 - Present|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|High school||Great Falls High School (2002)|
|Bachelor's||Harvard University (2006)|
|Master's||Cambridge University, London (2008)|
|Date of birth||August 15, 1984|
|Place of birth||Havre, Montana|
A February 2013 article in Governing named Kavulla as one of the top state Republican officials to watch in 2013. He won re-election without opposition in 2014.
A journalist by trade, Kavulla served as editor of National Review from 2006 to 2007. He currently works as a freelancer.
- MA, African history, Cambridge University, London, England, 2008
- B.A., history, Harvard University, 2006
- Great Falls High School, 2002
Public Service Commission (2011-Present)
The youngest regulatory commissioner in state history, Kavulla was elected in November 2010 at the age of 26.
Kavulla was running for re-election as Montana Public Service Commissioner in the 2014 election. Kavulla was uncontested in the primary election on June 3, 2014. Travis Kavulla won the general election on November 4, 2014, without opposition.
Kavulla won election on November 2, 2010, defeating Democrat Don Ryan.
|Montana Public Service Commission District 1, 2010|
Comprehensive donor information for Kavulla is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Kavulla raised a total of $47,254 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 18, 2013.
|Travis Kavulla's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Montana Public Service Commissioner District 1||$0|
|2010||Montana Public Service Commissioner District 1||$47,254|
|Grand Total Raised||$47,254|
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Travis Kavulla's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Travis Kavulla's Campaign Contributions|
Montana Public Service Commission
|Total Raised by General Election Opponents||$17,260 (Dem.)|
|Top 5 contributors||Travis Kavulla||$9,565|
|Valley County Republican Central Committee||$1,000|
|Breanna K. Lopuch||$480|
|Dawson County Republican Central Committee||$400|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Travis + Kavulla + Montana + Public + Service + Commission"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Montana Public Service Commission - Travis Kavulla
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Project Vote Smart, "Travis Kavulla biography," accessed December 24, 2011
- Governing, "State Republican Officials to Watch in 2013," February 6, 2013
- Montana Public Service Commission, "About Travis Kavulla," accessed December 24, 2011
- Montana Secretary of State, Candidate Filing, accessed March 11, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "November 2, 2010 general election results," accessed December 17, 2011
- Follow the Money, "Career fundraising for Travis Kavulla," accessed July 18, 2013
- Follow the Money.org, "Home," accessed February 17, 2015
|Montana Public Service Commissioner District 1
| Succeeded by|