Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Governor of Louisiana|
|High school||John Ehret High School|
|Bachelor's||Southern University at New Orleans|
Roberts attended the University of New Orleans and graduated from Southern University at New Orleans. At both schools, he was a member of the men's basketball team. He graduated with a B.S. in secondary education. After graduation, he taught social studies in Jefferson, Plaquemines Parish and the Recovery School District.
Roberts worked for ten years with Primerica Financial Services, first as a registered representative and later as a Regional Vice President. He is public speaker, motivational speaker, instructional speaker, author of Emancipation Chronicles: Profiles of Black Patriotism and co-author of The Machine: Progression of Secular Socialism. Roberts is a founding member and sponsor of the Greater New Orleans Tea Party.
Roberts' campaign website outlined his "Honest Ideology for the People:"
- I believe in God: I believe in God; Creator of the Universe and in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior
- I believe in the individual: I believe in the power of the individual to accomplish, overcome and to become anything that they desire. The individual is the owner and decider of the fruits of his labor; the government is not.
- I believe in government: I believe that government is the protector of our-given, unalienable right2.
- I believe in Life: I believe in Life; without exceptions.
- I believe in accountability: I believe in strong accountability of government to the people.
- I believe in transparency: I believe in REAL transparency of government and not just the kind promised during a campaign.
- I believe in support: I believe that there are people among us who cannot do for themselves and absolutely need the aid, support and help of their fellow citizens, churches, charities and the government.
- I believe in stewardship: I believe that people retain the power and authority and give it in good faith to the government to be a good steward of those powers and authority.
- I believe in federalism: I believe that all powers not expressly given to the Federal government are reserved for the states.
- I believe in the people: I believe that job creation and economic growth primarily takes place in the private sector and that government, however, is responsible for creating an environment conducive for said growth.
- I believe in Honesty: I believe in doing what you say and saying what you'll do. Honesty absolutely is the best policy.
The Louisiana gubernatorial election of 2011 was decided on October 22, 2011, in the primary election. Incumbent Republican Bobby Jindal captured more than 50% of the vote in the blanket primary, winning re-election outright. The Louisiana general election occurred on Saturday, November 19, 2011, but the office of governor did not appear on the ballot.
|Governor of Louisiana, 2011|
|Republican||Bobby Jindal Incumbent||65.8%||673,239|
|Democratic||Niki Bird Papazoglakis||2.1%||21,885|
|Independent||Robert Lang, Jr.||0.9%||9,109|
Roberts is a member of White Dove Fellowship, International Outreach Center and a licensed minister with the Great Commission Fellowship. He and his wife, Stephanie, have one daughter.
State Executive elections
| Kentucky • Louisiana |
Mississippi • West Virginia
|Gubernatorial • Lt. Governor |
Attorney General • Secretary of State
Down ballot offices: (KY, LA, MS)
|News • Calendar|