For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Two Colorado senators facing recall for gun control passage
By Alex Murray
Yesterday, a pro-gun recall group called Pueblo Freedom and Rights said it turned in 13,570 signatures to initiate a recall election against Angela Giron, more than the 11,285 required. The Colorado Secretary of State has until July 1 to certify the signatures.
The movement against Giron follows last week's submission of 16,199 signatures to recall Senate President John Morse, more than the 7,178 required. The Secretary of State has until June 18 to certify those signatures.
The two senators supported three gun bills which were signed by Governor John Hickenlooper (D). The new laws, which take effect on July 1, include background checks on all sales and transfers of firearms, as well as a 15-round limit on magazine capacity.
- Colorado State Senate
- Colorado General Assembly
- John Morse
- John Morse recall, Colorado State Senate (2013)
- Angela Giron
- Angela Giron recall, Colorado State Senate (2013)
- Michael McLachlan
- Michael McLachlan recall, Colorado House of Representatives (2013)
- State legislative recalls
- Washington Times, "Second Colorado Democrat facing recall over gun vote," June 10, 2013
- The Pueblo Chieftain, "Recall group delivers 13K names," June 11, 2013 (dead link)
- The Denver Post, "In Sen. John Morse recall, questions swirl with signature verification," June 10, 2013
- KDVR, "First recall effort fails against Democratic state Rep. Mike McLachlan," May 21, 2013