|Utah House of Representatives District 73|
|Party||Utah Justice Party|
Markham's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Small Business and Jobs
- Excerpt:"Ty Markham believes every community needs a champion for its small business owners because these are the people whose entrepreneurial spirit leads to new jobs, more jobs and higher-paying jobs."
- Excerpt:"I will work to make sure that big oil, gas & coal companies pay the standard taxes they would pay in any other state. And I will make certain that our schools get their fair share."
The Role of Government
- Excerpt:"Good government is transparent. All back-room deals need exposure to the light of day, especially those ties between politicians and private-for-profit or corporate lobbies."
- Excerpt:"Ty believes the health of our neighbors shouldn’t be a political baseball, but an essential basic need that ought to be affordable and accessible to everyone. "
- Excerpt:"We need leadership that will promote these resources, so we don't keep falling further behind. The good news is that investing in renewables means investing in a thriving energy economy for Utah’s future."
Markham ran for election in the 2012 election for Utah House of Representatives District 73. Markham was defeated by incumbent Michael Noel (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Utah House of Representatives, District 73, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Michael Noel Incumbent||72%||9,600|
|Utah Justice||Ty Markham||28%||3,741|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ty + Markham + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.