|North Dakota State Senate District 16|
|December 1, 2012 - present|
|December 1, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||Up to $1,569/month for lodging|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||North Dakota State University|
|Place of birth||Leeds, ND|
|Profession||Policy Coordinator, Freedom Resource Center|
Axness received a bachelor's degree in Political Science from North Dakota State University. He is a communications and policy coordinator for Freedom Resource Center.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Axness served on the following committees:
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Human Services|
Axness is running in the special election for the office of North Dakota Public Service Commissioner to fill the remaining two years in the unexpired term . Axness wom the Democratic nomination in the unopposed primary on June 10. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
Axness ran in the 2012 election for North Dakota Senate District 16. Axness ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 12. He defeated David Duff in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Dakota State Senate, District 16, General Election, 2012|
Axness has stated that his goals are responsible energy development, investments in higher education, and property tax relief.
Comprehensive donor information for Axness is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Axness raised a total of $10,850 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 30, 2013.
|Tyler Axness's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Dakota State Senate, District 16||$10,850|
|Grand Total Raised||$10,850|
2012Axness won election to the North Dakota State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Axness raised a total of $10,850.
|North Dakota State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Tyler Axness's campaign in 2012|
|North Dakota Senate Democratic-NPL Caucus||$3,200|
|North Dakota Education Association||$1,000|
|North Dakota Public Employees Association||$1,000|
|Boilermakers Local 647||$550|
|Total Raised in 2012||$10,850|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Axness currently resides in Fargo, North Dakota.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Tyler + Axness + North + Dakota + Senate'"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Dakota Public Service Commission
- North Dakota down ballot state executive elections, 2014
- North Dakota State Senate
- Senate Committees
- North Dakota Legislative Assembly
- North Dakota state legislative districts
- Profile from the North Dakota State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Contest/Candidate List," April 9, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election results," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 General Election results," accessed May 13, 2014
- Tyleraxness.com, "Issues," accessed September 19, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Axness, Tyler," accessed May 30, 2013
|North Dakota State Senate District 16
| Succeeded by|