I started a "Ballotpedia:To do list" in the hopes that it will provide an easy way for people unfamiliar with BP to start adding and/or organizing content. I think it can also serve as a touchpoint for regular BP contributors to make sure they are all on the same wavelength. Let me know what you think! Gardengnome
The Lift That Bale Award
You have been awarded the|
Lift That Bale Award.
---for your work on the local Maryland scene! MMH 23:00, 21 July 2008 (EDT)
Hey Emily, let me know how to help out. Where you from? Schoolbonds 23:41, 8 July 2008 (EDT)
Emily, welcome to Ballotpedia!
We're glad you're here. Here's how to get started:
1. Watch Ballotpedia's 5-minute overview.
2. Learn more about how you can contribute to our monthly projects.
August's Project of the Month
Summer is almost at an end but before the November elections begin, August brings with it two election dates with ballot measures
. On August 5, both Michigan and Missouri voters will cast their "yes" or "no" votes on a grand total of six measures; one of which will be on the Michigan ballot. Alaskans will vote on August 19 to repeal or uphold SB 21, an oil tax cuts bill. This year, in addition to profiles on every certified measure, Ballotpedia brings you "Fast Facts."
Watch the video available here for a quick run-down on Alaska's Oil Tax Cuts Veto Referendum, Measure 1.
3. Find an article you'd like to improve.
4. Start editing!
You can also view tutorials on how to edit, or contact us.
Welcome to our community! --Bailey Ludlam, Ballotpedia's managing editor
Hi Emily, welcome to Ballotpedia! What sorts of ballot measures are you interested in? Gardengnome 17:48, 7 July 2008 (EDT)
- If your ballot measure falls into one of these categories, you need to use the category as your subject line on your measure chart (with a link to the category), and cross-link it back to your article on the category page itself.
- This is a very good database of ballot measures for every state. However, it doesn't seem to have current-year measures until the November election is complete.
This discussion page has been protected from further postings.