Utah Commissioner of Insurance
|Utah Commissioner of Insurance|
|Office website:||Official Link|
|2013 FY Budget:||$124,708,800|
|Length of term:||Serves at the pleasure of the Governor|
|Authority:||Utah Code, Title 31A, Chapter 2, Section 102|
|Selection Method:||Appointed by Governor|
|Assumed office:||January 2013|
|Other Utah Executive Offices|
|Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Attorney General •Treasurer • Auditor • Superintendent of Education • Agriculture Commissioner • Insurance Commissioner • Natural Resources Commissioner • Labor Commissioner • Public Service Commission|
The current officeholder is Todd Kiser.
The commissioner of insurance is established in Title 31A, Chapter 2, Section 102 of the Utah code.
|The chief officer of the department is the insurance commissioner, who may exercise all powers given to, and shall perform all duties imposed on, the Insurance Department.|
The commissioner is appointed by and serves at the pleasure of the governor as laid out in Title 31A, Chapter 2, Section 102 of the Utah code.
|He shall be appointed by the governor with the consent of the Senate. If the commissioner dies, resigns, or is removed, a successor may be appointed as specified in this subsection. If the Legislature is not then in session, the successor may serve as acting commissioner without consent until the Senate has an opportunity to consent to the successor. The commissioner is subject to removal at the pleasure of the governor.|
The commissioner develop, establishes and implements the policy and overall operation of the state Department of Insurance. The mission of the department is to "foster a healthy insurance market by promoting fair and reasonable practices that ensure available, affordable and reliable insurance products and services."
- Bail Bond Surety Oversight Board
- Captive Insurers
- Examination/Solvency Division
- Fraud Division
- Life and Health Division & OCHA
- Property & Casualty Division
- Market Conduct Division
- Producer Licensing Services Division
- Professional Employer Organization
- Title & Escrow Commission
The budget for the Department of Insurance in Fiscal Year 2013 was $124,708,800.
- See also: Compensation of state executive officers
Utah Insurance Department
State Office Building Suite 3110
Capitol Hill Complex
450 N. State St
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-6901
Phone: (801) 538-3800
Toll-free: (800) 439-3805
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Utah Code "31A-2-102. Appointment, general powers, and duties of commissioner -- Vacancy -- Compensation of commissioner," Accessed December 28, 2012
- ↑ Insurance.Utah.gov, "About us: Mission statement," accessed October 28, 2011
- ↑ Governor's Office of Planning and Budget, "2013 Budget Summary – Tables," accessed April 6, 2013