|New Mexico Public Regulation Commissioner - District 3|
|January 1, 2013-present|
|Years in position||1|
|Predecessor||Douglas J. Howe (I)|
|Vice Chair, New Mexico Public Regulation Commission|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Associate's||Northern New Mexico Community College (1993)|
|Bachelor's||College of Santa Fe (1997)|
Prior to her election to the NMPRC, Espinoza served as Santa Fe County Clerk from 2004 to 2012. She worked for the New Mexico Secretary of State from 1979 to 1984.
Espinoza spent the majority of her career, from 1984 to 2004, with Los Alamos National Laboratory. Beginning as Senior Clerk, she eventually became Executive Office Administrator in the Office of the Deputy Associate Laboratory Director.
- Bachelor of Arts from the College of Santa Fe in Organizational Psychology (1997)
- Associate of Applied Science from Northern New Mexico Community College in Human Services (1993)
- Certified Public Official, New Mexico State University County College
- Los Alamos National Laboratory - received training and acquired skills in mediation, negotiation, conflict management and resolution
Public Regulation Commission (2013-present)
Espinoza succeeded Douglas J. Howe as the Public Regulation Commissioner representing District 3 on January 1, 2013.
Espinoza ran for District 3 of the New Mexico Public Regulation Commission in 2012. She defeated Danny Maki, Brad Gallegos and Virginia Vigil in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012. No candidates filed to run in the Republican race.
The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|New Mexico Public Regulation Commission District 3 General Election, 2012|
|Election Results via New Mexico Secretary of State.|
|New Mexico Public Regulation Commission, District 3, Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Espinoza is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Espinoza raised a total of $77,827 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 22, 2013.
|Valerie Espinoza's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||NM Public Regulation Commission||$77,827|
|Grand Total Raised||$77,827|
Espinoza won election to the position of New Mexico Public Regulation Commission in 2012. During that election cycle, Espinoza raised a total of $77,827.
|New Mexico Public Regulation Commission 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Valerie Espinoza's campaign in 2012|
|Total Raised in 2012||$77,827|
|Total Votes received in 2012||127,569|
|Cost of each vote received||$0.61|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Valerie + Espinoza + New + Mexico"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Office of the New Mexico Public Regulation Commission
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Albuquerque Business First, "Ben Hall picked as chairman for PRC," January 9, 2013
- Valerie for PRC, "Resume," accessed February 19, 2013
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "2012 candidates for public regulation commission," accessed May 26, 2012 (dead link)
- Follow the Money, "Career fundraising for Valerie Espinoza ," accessed May 22, 2013
Douglas J. Howe
|New Mexico Public Regulation Commission
2013 - present
| Succeeded by|