|North Carolina State Senate, District 23|
|September 13, 2013-Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Appointed||September 13, 2013|
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 50|
|January 1, 2013-September 13, 2013|
Foushee was an administrative services supervisor before retirement.
Elections for the office of North Carolina State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Valerie Foushee was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Mary Lopez-Carter was unopposed in the Republican primary. Foushee and Lopez-Carter will face off in the general election.
Foushee ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 50. She defeated Travis A. Phelps in the Democratic primary on May 8, 2012. Foushee defeated Rod Chaney (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 50, General Election, 2012|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 50 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Travis A. Phelps||19.5%||2,744|
Comprehensive donor information for Foushee is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Foushee raised a total of $121,842 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 30, 2013.
|Valerie Foushee's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 50||$121,842|
|Grand Total Raised||$121,842|
2012Foushee won election to the North Carolina House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Foushee raised a total of $121,842.
|North Carolina House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Valerie Foushee's campaign in 2012|
|North Carolina Democratic Party||$43,364|
|Lillians List of North Carolina||$8,000|
|Brown, Jane D||$2,357|
|North Carolina Advocates for Justice||$2,000|
|Craven, Elizabeth B||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$121,842|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Foushee and her husband, Stan, have two children. They currently reside in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Valerie + Foushee + North Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina State Senate
- Senate Committees
- North Carolina General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- North Carolina state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the North Carolina State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Valerie Foushee on Facebook
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- Wral.com, "Freshman Rep. Foushee to fill Kinnaird's Senate seat," accessed September 13, 2013
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 Primary Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 General Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed June 22, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Foushee, Valerie Jean Paige," accessed August 30, 2013
Ellie Kinnaird (D)
|North Carolina Senate - District 23
September 13, 2013–present
| Succeeded by|
Bill Faison (D)
|North Carolina House - District 50
2013–September 13, 2013
| Succeeded by|
Graig Meyer (D)