|Texas State House, District 66|
|2010 - Present|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
Taylor defeated Mabrie Jackson in the GOP primary runoff held April 13, and both had filed for a May 8 special election to fill McCall's unexpired term. After Taylor won the runoff, however, Jackson withdrew and Taylor was declared the winner.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Taylor served on the following committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Government Efficiency & Reform|
Taylor served on the following Texas House of Representatives committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Defense & Veterans' Affairs|
|• Human Services|
Taylor ran in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 66. Taylor ran unopposed in the May 29 primary election. He was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Taylor won re-election in District 66 in 2010. He defeated Mabrie Jackson in the April 13 Republican primary runoff and was subsequently appointed state representative to serve the remainder of Brian McCall's term after Jackson withdrew from the May 8 special election. Taylor defeated independent Eric Roberson in the November 2 general election.
| Texas House of Representatives, District 66 |
2010 General election results
|Van Taylor (R)||25,279||100%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Taylor received $1,218,277 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Texas House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Van Taylor's campaign in 2010|
|Empower Texans PAC||$12,799|
|Texans For Lawsuit Reform||$10,000|
|Ryan & Co||$7,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$1,218,277|
Empower Texans Fiscal Responsibility Index
Empower Texans produces the Fiscal Responsibility Index as "a measurement of how lawmakers perform on size and role of government issues." The index uses "exemplar votes on core budget and free enterprise issues that demonstrate legislators' governing philosophy." Legislators are graded along a standard grading scale, receiving grades A through F based on their performance during the legislative session.
Van Taylor received a grade of A on the 2011 Fiscal Responsibility Index.
- 2011 Taxpayer Champion. Taylor was named a "2011 Taxpayer Champion," which is "the top award presented by Texans for Fiscal Responsibility to legislators based on their rating on the most recent Fiscal Responsibility Index."
- Van Taylor's campaign website
- Texas House of Representatives - Rep. Taylor
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Texas State Directory Profile
- Texas Political Almanac HD 66 page
- Texas Tribune profile & bio
- State Surge profile
- Van Taylor on Facebook
- Van Taylor on Twitter
- ↑ Dallas News, "Van Taylor appointed to finish Brian McCall's term in Texas House District 66," April 20, 2010
- ↑ Texas GOP list of candidates for 2012 Elections
- ↑ Texas Secretary of State Election History
- ↑ Official Texas Election Results
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 Contributions
- ↑ Empower Texans, "Fiscal Responsibility Index"
- ↑ Empower Texans, "2011 Taxpayer Champions
|Texas House Of Representatives District 66
April 20, 2010-present
| Succeeded by|
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
Public Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Sunshinereview:Texas school districts A - L |
Sunshinereview:Texas school districts M - Z |