Vermont Lieutenant Gubernatorial election, 2014
August 26, 2014
November 4, 2014
Governor • Lt. Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General
- Phillip Scott - Incumbent
- Dean Corren - Vermont Progressive Party candidate
- Marina Brown - Liberty Union Party candidate
The absence of a Democratic candidate in this race, coupled with Vermont's current leftward lean, mean that the third-party candidates running for Vermont Lieutenant Governor, Dean Corren of the Vermont Progressive Party and Marina Brown of the Liberty Union Party, have a real chance of winning a statewide office.
Dean Corren has a particular advantage because he has qualified for public funding, according to Ballot Access News. The requirements to receive public funding in Vermont are quite strict and Corren is the only candidate to qualify since 2004. This is likely to give him a financial advantage over the other candidates including incumbent Republican Phillip Scott.
- Lieutenant Governor of Vermont
- Vermont state executive official elections, 2014
- State executive official elections, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013 through January 3, 2014 researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- DEAN CORREN FOR VERMONT LT. GOVERNOR, "Former State Rep. Dean Corren to Run for Vermont Lieutenant Governor," May 7, 2014
- Burlington Free Press, "Corren to run for Vermont lieutenant governor," May 7, 2014
- John Bauer for Lt. Governor, "Home," accessed May 15, 2014
- Ballot Access News, "Vermont Progressive Party Has Outside Chance of Electing Its First Statewide Nominee," June 13, 2014
State of Vermont
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Food & Markets | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Board |