|Nebraska State Senate District 23|
|Master's||Penn State University|
|Ph.D.||Penn State University|
|Place of birth||Pennsylvania|
|Profession||Retired university professor|
Barrett earned his master's and doctoral degrees from Penn State. His professional experience includes working as a professor at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, high school agriculture teacher, and adult farmer instructor. He has also worked in farm and construction work.
On his website, Barrett lists his "Basic Values & Beliefs:"
- Truth and Integrity
- Fiscal Conservative
- Pro-Life, Strong Families Matter
- Rural communities are the Strength of Our Country
- Active Citizen Involvement in Government is Essential
- Support of Servant Leadership
- See also: Nebraska State Senate elections, 2012
Barrett ran for election in the 2012 election for Nebraska State Senate District 23. Barrett advanced past the May 15 primary election and was defeated by Jerry Johnson in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Nebraska State Senate, District 23, General Election, 2012|
|Nebraska State Senate District 23 Nonpartisan Primary Nonpartisan Primary, 2012|
|John Jack Pokorny||12.3%||830|
Barrett and his wife, Nancy, have six children. They have hosted seven foreign exchange students.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Vern + Barrett + Nebraska + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official Campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Vern Barrett on Facebook
- Vern Barrett on LinkedIn
- [Vern Barrett for Legislature, home page, retrieved October 18, 2012]
- Nebraska Secretary of State, "Statewide Candidate List," September 21, 2012. Accessed February 14, 2014
- Nebraska Secretary of State, "Official Report of The Board of State Canvassers of the State of Nebraska - Primary Election, May 15, 2012," accessed 29 June 2012