|Texas House of Representatives, District 41|
|2005 - June 29, 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||Southwest Texas State University|
|J.D.||University of Texas School of Law|
Gonzales is a Partner with Kittleman, Thomas and Gonzales, Limited Liability Partnership. She previously worked as an attorney with Jarvis and Kittleman, PC.
Gonzales is a member of a number of organizations including the American Heart Association, Aspen-Rodel Fellowship in Public Leadership Program, Children's Defense Fund Advisory Board Member, College of the State Bar of Texas, Hidalgo County Bar Association President, Hidalgo County Women's Bar Association, and Hidalgo County Young Lawyers Association President.
Veronica Gonzales served on the following Texas House of Representatives committees:
- HB 485 - Relating to ethics training for legislators and certain other state officers and employees.
- HB 1737 - Relating to the formula funding for public institutions of higher education for certain credit hours that do not count toward a degree.
- HB 3011 - Relating to the right of certain counties to maintain local control over wages, hours, and other terms and conditions of employment.
- HB 4067 - Relating to the creation of the Bureau for Economic Development of the Border Region
| Texas House of Representatives, District 41 |
2010 General election results
|Veronica Gonzales (D)||10,612||56.98%|
|Rebecca Cervera (R)||8,012||43.01%|
On November 4, 2008, Gonzales won re-election to the Texas House of Representatives from Texas's 41st District, defeating Javier Villalobos (R) and Charles Snelling (L). Gonzales received 23,438 votes in the election while Villalobos received 12,025 votes, and Snelling received 671 votes. Gonzales raised $526,997 for her campaign; Villalobos raised $101,460.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 41|
|Veronica Gonzales (D)||23,438||64.86%|
|Javier Villalobos (R)||12,025||33.27%|
|Charles Snelling (L)||671||1.85%|
Gonzales raised $172,504 for her campaign.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 41 (2006)|
|Veronica Gonzales (D)||9,794|
Gonzales raised $487,798 for her campaign.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 41 (2004)|
|Veronica Gonzales (D)||17,606|
Gonzales raised a total of $412,404 in 2010. Below are her top 5 campaign contributors in the 2010 election:
|Kirk Watson Campaign||$10,943|
|House Democratic Campaign Committee||$10,150|
|Mostyn, John Steven||$10,000|
In the 2008 election, Gonzales raised a total of $526,997.
Her five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Mostyn, John Steven||$20,000|
|Harper, Alan K & Patti||$15,000|
|Kittleman Thomas & Gonzales||$10,472|
In the 2006 election, Gonzales raised a total of $172,504.
Her five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Gonzalez Jr, Jose||$5,000|
|Farmers Insurance Group||$3,500|
|Glazer, R L||$3,000|
|Bg Distribution Partners||$3,000|
In the 2004 election, Gonzales raised a total of $487,798.
Her five largest contributors in 2004 were:
|Kittleman Thomas Ramirez & Gonzales Pllc||$91,167|
|Texans for Insurance Reform||$30,703|
|Texas Trial Lawyers Association||$19,894|
Empower Texans Fiscal Responsibility Index
Empower Texans produces the Fiscal Responsibility Index as "a measurement of how lawmakers perform on size and role of government issues." The index uses "exemplar votes on core budget and free enterprise issues that demonstrate legislators' governing philosophy." Legislators are graded along a standard grading scale, receiving grades A through F based on their performance during the legislative session.
Veronica Gonzales received a grade of F on the 2011 Fiscal Responsibility Index.
- Veronica Gonzales's campaign website
- Texas House of Representatives - Rep. Gonzales
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Official Campaign Contributions
- Follow the Money, Campaign Contributions: 20102008, 2006, 2004
- Texas State Directory profile
- Freedom Speaks profile
- Texas Political Almanac HD 41 page
- Texas Tribune profile & bio
- Vote-TX.org profile
- State Surge profile (timed out)
- Mexican American Legislative Caucus profile (dead link)
- Texas 20/20 PAC profile
- Veronica Gonzales on Facebook
- The Republic, "Texas House District 41 voters to pick replacement for Gonzales on Nov. 6," July 19, 2012
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Gonzales
- Texas Legislature - Bills Authored/Joint Authored by Rep. Gonzales
- Official Texas Election Results
- Texas Secretary of State, "1992 - Current Election History," accessed February 24, 2014
- District 41 Texas House candidate funds, 2008
- Texas House official election results for 2006
- District 41 Texas House candidate funds, 2006
- Texas House official election results for 2004
- District 41 Texas House candidate funds, 2004
- Follow the Money - 2010 Campaign contributions
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed November 20, 2014
- Follow the Money - 2006 Campaign contributions
- Follow the Money - 2004 Campaign contributions
- Empower Texans, "Fiscal Responsibility Index," accessed February 22, 2014
|Texas House District 41
2005-June 29, 2012
| Succeeded by|
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |