Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Chicago City Council, Ward 24|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||April 7, 2015|
2015Chicago, Illinois held elections for city council on February 24, 2015. A runoff took place on April 7, 2015. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was November 24, 2014. In the general election for Ward 24, Vetress Boyce and Michael Scott, Jr. advanced past Frank M. Bass, Regina D. Lewis, Wallace E. "Mickey" Johnson, Sherita Ann Harris, Roger L. Washington, Ladarius R. Curtis, Larry G. Nelson and Darren Tillis. Scott defeated Boyce in the runoff election on April 7, 2015. Denarvis Mendenhall was removed from the ballot in December 2014. Marcus D. Thorne and Vernell L. Hollis-Swanigan withdrew from the race. Ward 24 incumbent Michael Chandler had originally filed to run for re-election. On December 2, 2014, however, Chandler withdrew his name from the list of candidates.
|Chicago City Council, Ward 24, 2015|
|Michael Scott, Jr.||31.2%||2,200|
|Frank M. Bass||11%||772|
|Regina D. Lewis||8.2%||575|
|Wallace E. "Mickey" Johnson||6.9%||483|
|Sherita Ann Harris||5.4%||382|
|Ladarius R. Curtis||2.8%||199|
|Roger L. Washington||2%||140|
|Larry G. Nelson||1.8%||129|
|Source: Chicago Board of Election Commissioners - Official general election results|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Vetress + Boyce + Chicago"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Candidate Detail," accessed on January 2, 2012
- Chicago Board of Election Commissioners, "2015 Election Calendar," accessed August 21, 2014
- Chicago Tribune, "Unofficial election results," accessed February 24, 2015
- Chicago Tribune, "Unofficial runoff election results," accessed on April 7, 2015
- Chicago Board of Election Commissioners, "General Election Candidate List," accessed on December 3, 2014
- Chicago Sun Times, "Ald. Michael Chandler won’t seek fifth term," December 2, 2014
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed May 14, 2014
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |