|Vermont House Of Representatives Orleans-Caledonia-1|
|2011 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$162/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
Strong has been a meeting leader for Weight Watchers since 1999. She worked with her husband in church ministry while home-schooling her children. She studied Bible and missions at Le-Tourneau University and Sterling College.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Strong served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Strong served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Health Care|
Strong won re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Orleans-Caledonia. Strong was unopposed in the August 28 Republican primary and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Vicki Strong ran for the Vermont House of Representatives Orleans-Caledonia 1 in 2010. She ran against Linda Johnson and Patricia Russell in the Republican primary on August 24, 2010. She was opposed by Sam Young (D), Linda Johnson (R), Nancy Potak (P), and John Rogers (D) in the November 2, 2010 general election. According to unofficial results Stong won one of the two seats in the district, but as of November 15 a recount is pending.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Orleans-Caledonia 1 General Election (2010)|
|Vicki Strong (R)||1,244|
|Sam Young (D)||1,125|
|John Rogers (D)||1,122|
|Linda Johnson (R)||1,043|
|Nancy Potak (Vermont Progressive Party)||916|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, when Strong first won election to the House, she collected $4,352 in donations.
Her largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Vermont House Republican PAC||$400|
|Campaign Research Center||$350|
|Jim Douglas for Governor||$250|
|Mr. & Mrs. C Paul Slater||$250|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Vicki + Strong + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Aid in dying wins initial support in Vt. House - Brattleboro Reformer
- Simple Living: How to Save Money and Smile More - Mother Earth News
- Perez navigates Senate panel, faces uphill battle to confirmation - The Hill (blog)
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Strong was a Board Member of Vermont Fallen Families (Gold Star Families) from 2009-2010. Her son, Jesse, was killed in action on January 26, 2005. She and her husband, Nathan, a pastor, have two other children.
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Biographies of Vermont State Representatives and Senators
- ↑ Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Vermont Elected Officials and Leaders; Submits Required Presidential Primary Petition," September 29, 2011
- ↑ Vermonet Secretary of State - Official Primary Results
- ↑ Vermont Secretary of State - Official primary candidate list
- ↑ Vermont Elections Division - 2010 Election Results
- ↑ Follow the Money, Candidate summary, Retrieved July 4, 2011