Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Texas House of Representatives, District 101|
Barnett's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Vickie will fight for lower taxes and for bipartisan solutions to our state’s toughest problems."
- Excerpt:"Mobility in the North Texas region is approaching crisis level, and Vickie Barnett will lead the effort to protect the quality of life and economic vitality of our region by advocating for solutions to our transportation challenges."
Urban Turn Around
- "Public Education: I will fight to make quality public education the legislature's top priority."
- "Healthcare: I will work to make quality health care more affordable. State and Local Relations: Support increased county authority in order to enable better manage growth in urbanizing areas."
- "Organized Labor: I will work constantly to insure that the interests of union members and all working people are kept in the forefront of all deliberations in the legislature. Maintain a constant vigilance to assure gains union members work so hard to achieve at the bargaining table are not lost through the stroke of a pen to sign some ill-conceived legislation into law."
|Texas House of Representatives District 101 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Paula Hightower Pierson||33.8%||1,191|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Vickie + Barnett + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |