|Arizona House of Representatives District 9|
|January 7, 2013-Present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Per diem||$35/day for the first 120 days of regular session and for special sessions and $10/day thereafter.|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Steele served on the following committees:
|Arizona Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Insurance and Retirement|
Steele's campaign website listed the following issues:
- My top priority is creating higher paying jobs in a sustainable economy.
- Excerpt: "Most of us still believe in the American dream. We believe that if you work hard, you can raise a family, own a home, send your kids to college, and set aside money for retirement. That dream has faded for Arizonans. Hard work no longer brings the assurance of success it once did. There is a need for a renewal of fairness and balance."
- Investing in education gives us a competitive edge that is so critical to our future.
- Excerpt: "Arizona’s public education system needs to become one of the best in the nation to ensure Arizona’s place in the world economy. The education of our children is one of the most important issues facing Arizona. However, instead of making education a top priority, the current out of balance legislature has focused on allowing guns on school campuses and creating Bible classes, while banning ethnic studies."
- Preserving Arizona’s spectacular beauty is not only an inherent part of our tradition, it is critical for our economy.
- Excerpt: "Many of our hard-won environmental protections have been and continue to be destroyed. We must protect our precious water resources and help make Arizona a world leader in renewable energy and sustainability."
- Arizonans deserve access to affordable health care including mental health and reproductive health services.
- Excerpt: "Our current Republican-controlled legislature has systematically dismantled access to affordable health care and declared war on women’s health, endangering their lives and setting the quality of health care back to the 1950s."
Steele won election in the 2012 election for Arizona House of Representatives District 9. She and Mohur Sidhwa defeated Dustin Cox in the August 28, 2012, Democratic primary. SShe won the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 9, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Mohur Sarah Sidhwa||31.5%||40,034|
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 9 Democratic Primary, 2012|
- AFL–CIO: The American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations National trade union
- Arizona Women’s Political Caucus: Arizona Affiliate of the National Women’s Political Caucus
- Arizona List
- Planned Parenthood Advocates of Arizona (PPAA)
- Progressive Majority
- Arizona Education Association
- AZ Fraternal Order of Police
- Communications Workers of American – Arizona Council
- Arizona Nurses Association
- Las Adelitas Arizona
- Arizona N.O.W.
- Arizona Building and Construction Trades Council
- Tucson Metro Chamber
- National Association of Social Workers – Arizona Chapter
- Arizona Technology Council
- Arizona League of Conservation Voters
- Arizona Construction Association
- Humane Voters of Arizona
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Victoria + Steele + Arizona + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- The Paisley Underground: Los Angeles's 1980s psychedelic explosion - The Guardian
- Lawmakers, advocates push to keep Mental Health First Aid training - Cronkite News
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Facebook page
- Twitter feed
- YouTube channel