|Mississippi State Senate, District 33|
|2000 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||14|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Bachelor's||Mississippi State University|
|Master's||Mississippi State University|
|Birthday||February 26, 1950|
|Place of birth||Meridian, Mississippi|
Carmichael earned his B.S. and M.Ed. from Mississippi State University. His professional experience includes working as a school principal and teacher.
In the 2012-2013 legislative session, Carmichael served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Insurance, Chair|
|• Investigate State Offices, Vice Chair|
|• Business and Financial Institutions|
|• Ports and Marine Resources|
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Carmichael served on these committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2010|
|• Business and Financial Institutions|
|• County Affairs|
|• Highways and Transportation|
|• Public Utilities|
|• State Library|
|• Veterans and Military Affairs|
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2011
Carmichael won re-election to the Mississippi Senate District 33. He ran unopposed in the primary on August 2, 2011. No candidates ran in the Democratic primary. Carmichael won the general election unopposed on November 8, 2011.
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2007
Carmichael raised $29,800 for his campaign.
|Mississippi Senate, District 33|
|Videt Carmichael (R)||13,094||100%|
In 2011, Carmichael received $26,475 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Videt Carmichael's campaign in 2011|
|Mississippi Consumer Finance Association||$2,000|
|Learning Through Sports Inc||$1,000|
|Mississippi Dental Association||$1,000|
|Health Management Associates Of Mississippi||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$26,475|
|Total Votes received in 2011||14,468|
|Cost of each vote received||$1.83|
In 2009, Carmichael collected $25,400 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2009 were:
|Capitol Advocacy Group||$1,500|
|Learning Through Sports Inc.||$1,000|
|The Excellence Group LLC||$1,000|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Legislature was in session from January 7 through April 2.
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee: Legislator "Business and Jobs" Report Card
- Legislators are scored on "economic growth, jobs and other broad job-related issues."
Carmichael and his wife, Donna, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Videt + Carmichael + Mississippi + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile on Project Vote Smart
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 1999
- Mississippi Department of State, 2011 Official State Senate Candidate List
- Mississippi State Senate official election results for 2007
- Follow the Money's report on Carmichael's 2007 campaign contributions
- Follow the Money, "2011 Campaign Contributions," accessed May 15, 2014
- 2009 contributors to Videt Carmichael
- StateScape, "Session Schedules," accessed July 29, 2014
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee, "Legislator 'Business & Jobs' Report Card - 2014 Legislative Session," accessed August 30, 2014
|Mississippi State Senate District 33
| Succeeded by|