|Washington House Of Representatives District 42b|
|2011 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
Buys is the owner of Dutchman Construction, and previously worked for Intel and Horizon Air. He graduated from Bellingham Technical College with an AAS in electronic technologies and electronics.
Buys's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Helping, Not Harming, Small Businesses
- Excerpt:"Our state government SHOULD be doing all it can to give relief to our small businesses. After all, it is the private sector that will lift us out of this recession."
A Budget We Can Pay For
- Excerpt:"We can write a state budget that funds our priorities without new taxes. With proper planning, we can craft a sustainable state budget that we can afford today AND in years to come."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Buys served on the following committees:
|Washington Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
|• Government Operations and Elections|
|• Local Government|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Buys served on the following committees:
|Washington Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
|• Business and Financial Services|
|• Higher Education|
Buys won re-election in the 2012 election for Washington House of Representatives District 42b. Buys was unopposed in the blanket primary on August 7, 2012 and defeated Matthew Krogh (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 42b, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Vincent Buys Incumbent||53.7%||34,967|
Vincent Buys was elected to the Washington State House of Representatives District 42b. He ran unopposed in the August 17, 2010 primary. In the November 2, 2010 general election he defeated Democrat Kelli Linville.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 42b General Election (2010)|
|Vincent Buys (R)||30,608|
|Kelli Linville (D)||30,454|
|Washington House of Representatives, District 42b Primary (2010)|
|Vincent Buys (R)||18,460||51.89%|
|Kelli Linville (D)||17,116||48.11%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, when Buys first won election to the House, he collected $114,621 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|House Republican Organizational Committee||$36,382|
|Washington State Republican Party||$14,097|
|Whatcom County Republican Party||$1,300|
|16 additional donors||$800 each|
Buys grew up on a dairy farm outside of Lynden, WA. He is single, and involved with Starfish Ministries - a Washington-based organization that provides help to Haiti.
- See also: Freedom Foundation's Big Spender List
The Freedom Foundation releases its Big Spender List annually. The Institute ranks all Washington legislators based on their total proposed tax and fee increases. To find each legislator’s total, the Institute adds up the 10-year tax increases or decreases, as estimated by Washington’s Office of Financial Management, of all bills sponsored or co-sponsored by that legislator. 
Buys proposed a 10-year increase in state taxes and fees of $29.9 million, the 69th highest amount of proposed new taxes and fees of the 93 Washington state representatives on the Freedom Foundation’s 2012 Big Spender List.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Vincent + Buys + Washington + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- $600 million Powerball jackpot draws the crowds, inspires daydreams - Daily Democrat
- Anonymous Man Donates $25000 To Humane Society Of Durham Region ... - Huffington Post
- Signing of Md. gun control bill to launch new legal battles, fight for public ... - Washington Post
- John Potter, World War II Veteran, Allegedly Evicted, But Strangers Flock To ... - Huffington Post
- Kevin Berthia, California Man, Reunites With Officer 8 Years After Golden Gate ... - Huffington Post
- Inslee OKs parking, bus breaks for state workers - The Olympian
- Reddit Users Restore 87-Year-Old WWII Veteran's Navy Photo (VIDEO) - Huffington Post
- Stranger Leaves Unlimited Metrocard For New Yorkers To Use And Pass On ... - Huffington Post
- Inslee to sign bill adding expertise to commodity commissions - Capital Press (subscription)
- Bill passed to extend taxes for education funding - Western Front
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Vincent Buys on the Washington State House website
- Buys on the House Republicans website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Buys on Facebook
- Buys on Twitter
- ↑ "vincentbuys," Official Campaign Website
- ↑ C-SPAN, "AP Election Results - Washington State House of Representatives," accessed August 7, 2012
- ↑ Washington Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidates," retrieved July 16, 2012
- ↑ Washington Legislature Official primary results SOS
- ↑ Washington Public Disclosure Commission "Contribution Limits"
- ↑ Follow the Money.org candidate summary, Retrieved June 28, 2011
- ↑ Freedom Foundation's 2012 Big Spender List
- ↑ Freedom Foundation's 2012 list of Washington state representatives by proposed new taxes and fees
Kelli Linville (D)
|Washington House of Representatives District 42b
| Succeeded by|
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
List of Towns |
List of School Districts |