|Vermont Senate Essex-Orleans District|
|1981 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Associate's||Saint Michaels College|
|J.D.||Vermont Law School|
|Birthday||November 17, 1953|
|Place of birth||Montpelier, VT|
In 1988 he was a delegate at the Republican National Convention.
Illuzi has worked as State's Attorney for Essex County since 1998.
Illuzzi earned his AB from Saint Michaels College in 1975. He went on to receive his J.D. from Vermont Law School in 1978.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Illuzzi served on these committees:
- Economic Development, Housing and General Affairs, Chair
- Joint Committee on Energy
- Joint Committee on Judicial Rules
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Illuzzi served on these committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Vermont Senate
- Economic Development, Housing and General Affairs Committee, Vermont Senate
Illuzzi ran for Vermont Auditor in 2012. He ran unopposed in the August 28 Republican primary and also picked up the Working Families Party line. He faced Democratic / Progressive candidate Doug Hoffer and Liberty Union candidate Jerry Levy in the general election on November 6, 2012. Illuzzi finished second to Hoffer.
|Vermont State Auditor General Election, 2012|
|Liberty Union||Jerry Levy||3.4%||9,381|
|Election Results via Vermont Secretary of State.|
Illuzzi's 2012 campaign for Auditor was endorsed by the Vermont National Education Association, the state's largest union.
- See also: Vermont State Senate elections, 2010
Illuzzi ran for re-election to the 13th District Seat (Essex-Orleans District) in 2010. He ran unopposed in the primary. He ran unopposed along with Robert Starr (D) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Vermont State Senate, Essex-Orleans District, General Election (2010)|
|Robert Starr (D)||9,224|
|Vincent Illuzzi (R)||9,224|
On November 4, 2008, Illuzzi won re-election by finishing second for the two-seat Essex-Orleans District of the Vermont State Senate, receiving 12,445 votes as a Republican/Democrat behind Democrat/Republican Robert Starr (12,731) and ahead of write-ins (194).
Illuzi raised $13,840 for his campaign.
|Vermont State Senate, Essex-Orleans District|
|Robert Starr (D/R)||12,731|
|Vincent Illuzi (R/D)||12,445|
Illuzzi lost the election to the position of Vermont Auditor in 2012. During that election cycle, Illuzzi raised a total of $97,426.
|Vermont Auditor 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Vincent Illuzzi's campaign in 2012|
|Teamsters Local 597||$3,000|
|Jeffrey L. Davis Sr||$2,000|
|Michel & Eva Guite||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$97,426|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Illuzzi received $16,279 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Vermont State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Vincent Illuzzi's campaign in 2010|
|International Brotherhood Of Teamsters||$2,000|
|Electrical Workers Local 2326||$1,000|
|Lisman, Bruce M||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$16,279|
Illuzzi raised $13,840 for the 2008 election.
His major contributors are listed below.
|Electrical Workers Local 2326||$1,500|
|Communication Workers of America Local 1400||$1,000|
|Vermont Association of Realtors||$1,000|
|Professional Fire Fighters of Vermont||$750|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Vincent + Illuzzi + Vermont + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
The Ethan Allen Institute, a Vermont-based free-market public policy research and education organization, released its biennial publication, the Vermont Voters' Report Card, for the years 2011-2012. The report showed how Vermont legislators in the state House and state Senate voted on key issues important to the Institute. Here's how Illuzzi voted on the selected bills:
|Vermont Voters Scorecard, 2011-2012|
|National Popular Vote||Green Mountain Care||Green Mountain Care||Green Mountain Care||Tax Bill||Free Speech||Health Exchange||CVPS Rebate||Cloud Computing|
Illuzzi and his wife, Eileen, have one child.
- Biography from the Vermont Secretary of State website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Sen. Illuzzi on State Surge
- List of Vermont Senators
- Vincent Illuzzi on Facebook
- Vincent Illuzzi on LinkedIn
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Vermont Elected Officials and Leaders; Submits Required Presidential Primary Petition," September 29, 2011
- WCAX, "Vt auditor candidates reluctant to pick a party," June 8, 2012
- Vermont Public Radio, "Campaign 2012 Election Results" accessed November 6, 2012
- Vermont Secretary of State Elections Division, "2012 Candidate Listing," accessed October 19, 2012
- VtDigger, "State's largest union gives nod to Shumlin, Scott, Illuzzi, and Condos earlier recommendation for Pearce in Treasurer's race rounds out Vermont NEAs election picks," September 11, 2012
- General Election 2010 Official Results
- Vermont State Senate official 2008 election results
- Follow the Money's report on Illuzi's 2008 campaign contributions
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Campaign contributors to Vincent Illuzzi
- Ethan Allen Institute, "Report Cards," accessed September 10, 2013