|New York State Senate District 40|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
|Profession||New York Naval Militia|
Leibell has worked in the following positions: Assistant District Attorney for Westchester County, Lieutenant Commander in the United States Naval Reserves, County Attorney for Putnam County, and Associate Counsel for the New York State Senate. He has been a Rear Admiral in the New York Naval Militia since 2001.
Leibell earned his BA in Economics from Saint John's University. He went on to receive his J.D. from Saint John's University. He then earned his MPA from New York University in 1983.
Leibell did not run for re-election in 2010.
On November 4, 2008, Vincent Leibell ran unopposed and won the election for New York State Senate, District 40 with 74,537 votes.
|New York State Senate, District 40 2008|
|Vincent Leibell (R)||74,537|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Vincent Leibell's 2008 campaign.
|Cuddy & Feder||$11,400|
|Leibell for Senate||$10,000|
|1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East||$9,500|
|CMTE to Re-elect Senator Joseph Bruno||$9,500|
While a member of the New York State Senate, Leibell served on the following committees:
- Civil Service and Pensions Committee, New York State Senate
- Environmental Conservation Committee, New York State Senate
- Finance Committee, New York State Senate
- Housing, Construction, and Community Development Committee, New York State Senate
- Insurance Committee, New York State Senate
- Labor Committee, New York State Senate
- Veterans, Homeland Security and Military Affairs Committee, New York State Senate
In May 2011, Leibell was sentenced to 21 months in prison and three years of supervised release for pleading guilty to obstruction of justice and tax evasion. During the trial, Leibell sent the judge in the case a letter offering to serve as a diplomat to the Middle East instead of going to prison. He did not receive the position.
Leibell and his wife, Helen, have three children.
- Official New York State Senate website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New York Senate District 40
| Succeeded by|