|New Jersey General Assembly, District 2|
|January 12, 2016|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 5, 2013|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Profession||Owner/Operator of B.F. Mazzeo|
Mazzeo graduated from Glassboro State College. His professional experience includes running B.F. Mazzeo, a specialty grocery store. He is also the current mayor of the City of Northfield.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Mazzeo served on the following committees:
|New Jersey Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Regulated Professions|
|• Tourism, Gaming and the Arts|
2014 legislative session
In the 2014 legislative session, Mazzeo served on the following committees:
|New Jersey Committee Assignments, 2014|
|• Regulated Professions|
|• Tourism and Gaming|
- Helping our region recover from Hurricane Sandy.
- Rebuilding and diversifying our regional economy and relief for our taxpayers from onerous property taxes.
Mazzeo won the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 2. Mazzeo was bracketed with Nick Russo. He was unopposed in the June 4 Democratic primary. He and incumbent Chris Brown (R) defeated incumbent John F. Amodeo (R) and Nick Russo (D) in the general election, which took place on November 5, 2013.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the 216th New Jersey State Legislature will be in session from January 14 through January 1, 2016.
In 2013, Mazzeo’s endorsements included the following:
- Planned Parenthood Action Fund of New Jersey
Mazzeo and his wife, Gerri, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Vincent + Mazzeo + New + Jersey + General + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Jersey General Assembly
- General Assembly Committees
- New Jersey State Legislature
- Joint Committees
- New Jersey state legislative districts
- Profile from the New Jersey General Assembly
- Profile from Open States
- New Jersey Department of State, Official Primary Results
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates (dead link)
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Vince Mazzeo on Twitter
- Facebook profile for Whelan, Mazzeo, and Russo Campaign
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 Primary Candidates," accessed April 15, 2013
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed April 10, 2014
- PolickerNJ.com, "Dems Russo and Mazzeo aim to complement Whelan on LD2 legislative ticket," accessed March 6, 2013
- New Jersey Department of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed July 26, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official general election candidates," September 9, 2013
- Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Official General Election results," accessed December 6, 2013
- Planned Parenthood NJ "Planned Parenthood Action Fund of New Jersey Announces Endorsements in State Elections," accessed September 5, 2013
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |