|New Jersey General Assembly District 32|
|2004 - Present|
|Years in position||9|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next election||November 5, 2013|
|Profession||Construction Code Official, Secaucus|
Prieto earned his certifications in Construction Code Technology from Middlesex Community College and Fire Code Technology from Bergen Community College. His professional experience includes working as a construction code official in Secaucus.
- Regulated Professions (Chair)
- Homeland Security and State Preparedness
- Transportation, Public Works and Independent Authorities
- A343 Provides tuition-free enrollment at New Jersey public colleges to certain members of the State Police.
- A1331 Authorizes Casino Control Commission to permit Atlantic City casinos to offer Internet casino gambling.
- A1391 "New Jersey Health Information Technology Act"; establishes New Jersey Health Information Technology Commission and Office for e-HIT, and provides for Statewide health information technology plan.
- A1956 "New Jersey Financial Information Privacy Act."
Prieto is running in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 32. Prieto is bracketed with Angelica Jimenez and opposed by Mayra Dominguez and Ines P. Serna in the June 4 Democratic primary. The general election takes place on November 5, 2013.
Prieto won re-election in 2011. He and Angelica Jimenez defeated Francisco Torres in the Democratic Primary on June 7. They then defeated Ronald Tarolla, Michael Bartulovich, Saleh Awadalla, and April Tricoli-Busset in the November 8 general election.
Running for re-election in the November 3, 2009 general election, Prieto received 21,641 votes (48%), defeating Politicians are Crooks candidate Herbert H. Shaw. He was bracketed with Joan Quigley.
|New Jersey Assembly General Election, Thirty-Second Legislative District (2009)|
|Vincent Prieto (D)||23,061|
|Joan Quigley (D)||22,932|
In 2011, Prieto received $305,019 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Vincent Prieto's campaign in 2011|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 274||$8,300|
|New Jersey State Laborers||$8,200|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 9||$7,900|
|New Jersey Bankers Association||$5,350|
|New Jersey Association Of Realtors||$5,250|
|Total Raised in 2011||$305,019|
|Total Votes received in 2011||15,753|
|Cost of each vote received||$19.36|
Below are Prieto's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2009 election:
|New Jersey Association Of Realtors||$12,200|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 9||$9,600|
|Liberty Board Of Realtors||$8,700|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 274||$7,700|
|New Jersey Funeral Directors Association||$6,750|
Prieto was endorsed by:
Mr. Prieto and his wife, Marlene, have two children: Amanda and Vincent Andrew.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Vincent + Prieto + New + Jersey + General + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- NJ Attorney General creates panel to review State Police promotion process - NJ.com
- Pop and Jazz Music - New York Times
- Lottery veto, while 'not surprising,' angers transparency advocates - NJBIZ
- Democrats Hammer Rise in Net Property Taxes Under Christie - NJ Spotlight
- Democrats Attack Potential Privatization of Motor Vehicle Inspections - NJ Spotlight
- Democrats may negotiate final NJ budget before voting against it - The Star-Ledger - NJ.com
- Confident Sacco, Prieto, Jimenez, joined by Buono kickoff Dem election campaign - The Jersey Journal - NJ.com
- Quigley: With paperless concert tickets you lose more than the paper - The Jersey Journal - NJ.com
- NJ treasurer says Christie's lottery privatization plan is unlikely to lead to ... - NJ.com
- Embattled Barchi Defends Rutgers-UMDNJ Merger, Leadership - Patch.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- New Jersey General Assembly - Rep. Vincent Prieto
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- NJ Assembly Dems - Assm. Prieto
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign Contributions: 2011, 2009, 2007, 2005
- Vincent Prieto on Facebook
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Assemblyman Smith
- ↑ New Jersey Legislature - Bills by Sponsor
- ↑ New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List
- ↑ Star Ledger 2009 Election Results, November 4, 2009
- ↑ Official New Jersey Assembly General Election Results
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign contributions
- ↑ Politicker NJ, 2011 AFL-CIO endorsed candidates, accessed Aug. 5, 2011
|New Jersey General Assembly District 32
| Succeeded by|
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |
Open Public Records Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |