|Kansas House of Representatives District 80|
|2007 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Wichita State University (1996)|
|Birthday||December 5, 1945|
|Place of birth||Wichita, Kansas|
Wetta, who received his B.A. from Wichita State University, worked as a conductor/engineer with the Burlington Northern-Santa Fe (BNSF) Railway Company for 40 years.
He has served as President and on the Board of Directors of the Panhandle Federal Credit Union, as well as being a member of the Crusader Club, Knights of Columbus, and Wellington Rotary Club.
Wetta's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "helped create 1000 jobs in Sumner County. Support and Encourage the Oil Production in South-Central Kansas."
- Excerpt: "The 2012 Tax plan went too far. We will see a dramatic rise in property taxes as local entities try to provide services."
- Excerpt: "Consolidating rural schools is not an option. We need to fund our schools."
- Excerpt: "Meals on Wheels and other services for the elderly are in serious jeopardy."
- Excerpt: "100% pro-life voting record. I believe that life begins at conception."
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Wetta served on the following committees:
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- Energy and Environmental Policy Committee, Kansas State Legislature
- Transportation Committee, Kansas House of Representatives, Ranking Minority Member
- Transportation and Public Safety Budget Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Wetta served on the following committees:
- Energy and Utilities Committee, House of Representatives
- Transportation Committee, House of Representatives
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee, House of Representatives
Wetta's answers to the Kansas State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test are available.
When asked in the test to list his legislative goals, he stated "Energy issues are the #1 priority at this time. Transportation issues will be very important & we need to start getting ready for the future."
- H 2084 Cities; annexation; strip annexations restricted. 03/17/2009
- H 2245 Fair credit reporting act, credit freeze. 02/05/2009
- H 2248 Sales tax exemption for certain organizations which provide services for seniors. 02/05/2009
- H 5003 Kansas constitutional amendment; equal rights; no discrimination based on sex. 01/23/2009
Wetta ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 116. He was unopposed in the August 7 Democratic primary and was defeated by incumbent Kyle D. Hoffman (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 116, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Kyle Hoffman Incumbent||58.7%||5,352|
|Democratic||Vincent Wetta Incumbent||41.3%||3,768|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 80 General Election (2010)|
|Vincent Wetta (D)||3,551|
|Ellen Janoski (R)||3,326|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 80|
|Vincent Wetta (D)||7,297||100%|
In 2010, Wetta received $41,763 in campaign donations. The largest contributors to the campaign are listed below.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Vincent Wetta's campaign in 2010|
|Kansas Medical Society||$1,000|
|Kansas Optometric Association||$1,000|
|Kansas National Education Association||$1,000|
|Ggnsc Administrative Services||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$41,763|
In 2008 Wetta collected $30,517 in donations.
Four of his largest contributors were:
|Kimball Insurance Agency Inc.||$1,000|
|Kansas Contractors Association||$600|
|Kansas Medical Society||$500|
|Shank, Heather & Scott||$500|
Vincent Wetta has been married to his wife Marilyn for 45 years. They have three sons and have 11 grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Vincent + Wetta + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Kansas Legislature - Vincent Wetta
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Kansas Votes profile
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 1996,2000, 2006, 2008
- "vincewettaforkansas," Official Campaign Website
- Kansas Legislature - Bills Introduced by Member (dead link)
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 primary (official)," accessed July 16, 2012
- C-SPAN, "Kansas - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 7, 2012
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2010 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 29, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2008 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 29, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Kansas 2008 - Candidates," accessed March 29, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Kansas 2010 - Candidates," accessed March 31, 2014
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
|Kansas House of Representatives District 80
| Succeeded by|
Kasha Kelley (R)
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |