|Kansas House of Representatives District 56|
|January 14, 2013 - 2015|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Weigel served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Pensions and Benefits|
|• Veterans, Military and Homeland Security|
Elections for the office of Kansas House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Incumbent Virgil Weigel was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Lane Hemsley defeated Evan Lancaster and Shawn Powell in the Republican primary. Hemsley defeated Weigel in the general election.
|Kansas House of Representatives District 56, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Virgil Weigel Incumbent||49.7%||3,938|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 56 Republican Primary, 2014|
Weigel won election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 56. Weigel ran unopposed in the August 7 Democratic primary and defeated Janet Mitchell (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 56, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Weigel is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Weigel raised a total of $6,678 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 19, 2013.
|Virgil Weigel's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Kansas State House, District 56||$6,678|
|Grand Total Raised||$6,678|
2012Weigel won election to the Kansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Weigel raised a total of $6,678.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Virgil Weigel's campaign in 2012|
|International Association of Machinists & Aerospace Workers||$500|
|Topeka Federation of Labor||$500|
|Kansas National Education Association||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$6,678|
|Source: Follow the Money|
Kansas Freedom Index
The Kansas Policy Institute, Kansas’s "first free market think tank," releases its legislator scorecard as a part of its Kansas Freedom Index for Kansas state representatives and senators once a year. The Score Card gives each legislator a score from 1%-100% based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on specific issues which the Kansas Policy Institute thought were pro-limited government policies.
Virgil Weigel received a score of 38.0% in the 2013 index.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Virgil + Weigel + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kansas House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Kansas state legislative districts
- Kansas State Legislature
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed September 15, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2014 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed April 17, 2015
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 primary (official)," accessed July 5, 2012
- C-SPAN, "Kansas - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 7, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Weigel, Virgil," accessed June 19, 2013
- Kansas Policy Institute, "Freedom Index," accessed March 31, 2014
- Ballotpedia, "2013 Kansas Policy Index," accessed March 10, 2015
Annie Tietze (D)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 56
| Succeeded by|
Lane Hemsley (R)
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |