For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts
|Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts|
|Office website:||Official Link|
|Length of term:||4 years|
|Authority:||Virginia Constitution, Article IV, Section 18|
|Selection Method:||Elected by General Assembly|
|Assumed office:||January 1, 2013|
|Other Virginia Executive Offices|
|Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General • Treasurer • Auditor • Superintendent of Education • Agriculture Commissioner • Insurance Commissioner • Natural Resources Commissioner • Labor Commissioner • Public Service Commission|
Article IV, Section 18:
|An Auditor of Public Accounts shall be elected by the joint vote of the two houses of the General Assembly for the term of four years. His powers and duties shall be prescribed by law.|
According to Title 30, Chapter 14, Section 1 of the Code of Virginia, "In the event the office of Auditor of Public Accounts becomes vacant while the General Assembly is not in session, the Joint Legislative Audit and Review Commission shall appoint a successor to serve until thirty days after the commencement of the next session of the General Assembly."
- Acquisition and Contract Management
- Budgeting and Performance Management
- Capital Asset Management
- Data Analysis
- Financial Management
- Higher Education Programs
- Human Services Management
- Information Systems Development
- Information Systems Security
- Judicial Systems
- Reporting and Standards
- See also: Compensation of state executive officers
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Virginia + Auditor
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Virginia Legislature, "Code of Virginia Title 30, Duties and Powers generally," accessed December 26, 2012
- Auditor of Public Accounts, "Martha Sedwick Mavredes CPA, Auditor of Public Accounts," accessed February 4, 2013
- Virginia Legislature, "Code of Virginia," accessed December 26, 2012
- Council of State Governments, "SELECTED STATE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICIALS: ANNUAL SALARIES," January 31, 2014
- Council of State Governments, "Table 4.11 Selected state administrative officials: Annual salaries by region," accessed February 1, 2012