For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|New Hampshire Commissioner of Education|
|June 1, 2009 - Present|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed by||Gov. John Lynch|
|Bachelor's||Florida State University|
|Master's||Queens College City University of New York, State University of New York at Stony Brook|
|Ph.D.||Florida State University|
Barry has over 27 years of experience in education as a teacher, leader, tenured university professor, and provost and vice president for academic affairs.
- B.S., Florida State University
- M.S., Queens College City University of New York, State University of New York at Stony Brook
- Ph.D., Florida State University
- Post-doctoral studies at New York University, Harvard and William and Mary
Commissioner of Education (2009-Present)
Barry was nominated as New Hampshire Commissioner of Education by Gov. John Lynch in May 2009 and approved by New Hampshire’s Executive Council. Council President Sara Jayne Steen said of the choice, “Virginia Barry will be a wonderful commissioner. She brings to the position leadership experience across the educational levels, knowledge of the state’s educational opportunities, and an energy and intelligence that will serve New Hampshire well.”
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Virginia + Barry + New + Hampshire + Education"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Hampshire Commissioner of Education
- Superintendent of Schools
- Governor of New Hampshire
- New Hampshire school districts
- New Hampshire Department of Education
- New Hampshire Department of Education - Commissioner Virginia Barry
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
|New Hampshire Commissioner of Education
| Succeeded by|