Virginia Commissioner of Labor and Industry
|Virginia Commissioner of Labor and Industry|
|Office website:||Official Link|
|2012 FY Budget:||$13,709,095|
|Length of term:||Serves concurrent with appointing governor's term|
|Authority:||Virginia Code, Title 40, Chapter 1|
|Selection Method:||Appointed by Governor|
|Assumed office:||May 3, 2010|
|Other Virginia Executive Offices|
|Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General • Treasurer • Superintendent of Education • Agriculture Commissioner • Insurance Commissioner • Natural Resources Commissioner • Labor Commissioner • Public Service Commission|
The Commissioner of Labor and Industry is authorized by Title 40, Chapter 1 of the Code of Virginia.
According to Title 4, Chapter 1 of the Code of Virginia, the commissioner is selected by gubernatorial appointment. The Commissioner shall serve at the pleasure of the Governor for a term coincident with that of the Governor.
It is the mission of the Virginia Department of Labor and Industry to make Virginia a better place in which to work, live, and conduct business. Efforts to achieve this goal include promoting safe, healthful workplaces, best employment practices, job training opportunities through registered apprenticeship, the protection of children from hazardous employment, and safe operation of boiler and pressure vessels.
There are five main divisions within the department of labor and industry:
- Human Resources Services
- Administrative & Financial Services
- Registered Apprenticeship
- Apprenticeship Council
- Assistant Commissioner of Programs
The budget for the Department of Labor and Industry in Fiscal Year 2012 was $13,709,095.
- See also: Compensation of state executive officers
Virginia Department of Labor and Industry - Headquarters:
Main Street Centre Bldg.
600 East Main Street
Richmond, Virginia 23219-4101
Hours of Operation: 8:15 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Monday - Friday
- ↑ Virginia Code, "Title 40 Chapter 1," Accessed December 26, 2012
- ↑ Virginia Department of Labor and Industry, "The Commissioner's Message," Accessed December 26, 2012
- ↑ Department of Labor and Industry, "DOLI Commissioner Courtney Malveaux," Accessed February 4, 2013
- ↑ Virginia Code, "Title 40 Chapter 1," accessed December 26, 2012
- ↑ United States Department of Labor, "The Virginia Plan," Accessed December 26, 2012
- ↑ Virginia Department of Labor and Industry "Agency Mission" Accessed February 4, 2013
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Virginia Department of Labor and Industry "Organizational Chart" Accessed February 4, 2013
- ↑ Virginia Budget Appropriations Database, "Final Budget for the 2010-2012 Biennium," accessed April 5, 2013
- ↑ Council of State Governments, "Table 4.11 Selected state administrative officials: Annual salaries by region," retrieved February 1, 2012