For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Voting in Maryland
Energy • Environment • Fracking • Public education • Higher education • School choice • Charter schools • Public pensions • State budget and finances • Taxes • Voting • Ballot access • Redistricting
|Election policy on Policypedia|
| State poll times (2015) |
| Voting in the 2015 primary elections |
| Voting in the 2015 general elections |
|Voter identification laws by state|
|Voting information by state|
For full information about voting in Maryland, contact your state election agency.
According to the Maryland State Board of Elections:
To register to vote, you must be:
You cannot have been:
—Maryland State Board of Elections
When and where
The 2013 Maryland State Legislature passed a bill that authorized same day registration during the early voting period. It also expanded the early voting period from six days to eight days. The law became effective on July 1, 2013
Voters may register online, by mail-in form, or in person at one of the following locations:
—Maryland State Board of Elections
As of March 2015, Maryland is one of 20 states that have implemented full online voter registration. Residents can register online at this website.
Voting on Election Day
- See also: Voter identification laws by state
Only first-time voters who registered by mail and did not provide a valid form of identification are required to present identification at the polls on Election Day. Most voters in Maryland do not have to present identification on Election Day.
- See also: State Poll Opening and Closing Times
- See also: Absentee voting
All voters are eligible to vote absentee in Maryland. There are no special eligibility requirements for voting absentee.
To vote absentee, an absentee ballot application must be received by the election office at least seven days prior to the election. A returned absentee ballot must then be postmarked on or before Election Day if submitted by mail. Ballots can also be returned in person until 8:00 p.m. on Election Day.
Military and overseas voting
For full details regarding military and overseas voting, visit the Federal Voting Assistance Program.
- See also: Early voting
Maryland is one of 33 states (plus the District of Columbia) that permits some form of early voting. Early voting begins on the second Thursday prior to Election Day and ends on the Thursday before the election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Maryland + Voting"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Elections in Maryland
- Maryland elections, 2016
- Maryland elections, 2015
- Maryland elections, 2014
- Maryland elections, 2013
- Maryland elections, 2012
- Maryland State Board of Elections Website, "Primary Elections," accessed January 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Introduction," accessed June 10, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Washington Post, "O’Malley signs death penalty repeal, medical marijuana bill and other measures," May 2, 2013
- General Assembly of Maryland, "SB 0279," accessed June 10, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "General Requirements of the Act," accessed June 10, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Rules and Information for Voters," accessed January 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections Website, "Absentee Voting," accessed December 19, 2013
- Maryland State Board of Elections Website, "Early Voting," accessed December 19, 2013
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |