W. Matthew Harris
|W. Matthew Harris|
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 67|
|Bachelor's||SUNY at Oneonta, 1995|
Harris earned his bachelor's degree in Business Administration from the State University of New York at Oneonta in 1995. Harris also completed online courses in Business Administration, Business Law, and Economics & Corporate Economics through Yale University. His professional experience includes working as a business owner in Jefferson County.
In a submitted bio, Harris highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Eliminated (sic) Personal Property Tax
- Increasing salaries and benefits to all State Employees
- Eliminating the grocery tax-completed by end of 2012
- Elimination of the $100 million dollar (sic) payday give (sic) to West Virginia Casinos.
- Providing salaring and benefit (sic) for our Hero's, Volunteer Fire Departments and EMS
- Promoting power of the vote by the people.
- Eliminating income tax for Senior Citizens, Veteran (sic) and the Disabled
- Empowering State ran agencies (sic) to promote respect and dignity to West Virginians
- Promoting business and employment to West Virginians without Government control.
- Dramatically reducing the need for Human Services and Unemployment and/or State benefits
- Goverment (sic) has way to much control over our lives. We need the right representation to control State spending and promote less Government control
- Challenging West Virginia Budget for more transparentcy (sic}
- Challenging West Virginia Budget for definitions to "Unclassified funding and Other Assets"
- Challenging West Virginia Medical System (Medicaid)-Increased responsibility to our Citizens.
Elections for the office of West Virginia House of Delegates will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 13, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 25, 2014. Incumbent Stephen Skinner was unopposed in the Democratic primary. W. Matthew Harris was defeated by Patricia Rucker in the Republican primary. Skinner will face Rucker in the general election.
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 67 Republican Primary, 2014|
|W. Matthew Harris||31.2%||195|
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 67 Republican Primary, 2012|
|W. Matthew Harris||32.1%||253|
Harris has been a member of the International Brotherhood of Boilermakers.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Matthew + Harris + West + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- W Matthew Harris on Facebook
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Candidate search," accessed April 30, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results," accessed June 18, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - General Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 12, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - Primary Election - May 8, 2012," accessed February 12, 2014
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |