|U.S. House, Texas, District 11|
|High school||Jack C. Hays High School|
|Bachelor's||Southwest Texas State University|
|Service/branch||U.S. Coast Guard Reserves|
|Service branch||U.S. Marine Corps|
|Birthday||February 11, 1970|
|Place of birth||Big Lake, Texas|
Brown earned his bachelor's degree from Southwest Texas State University. He has served in the military for over 20 years, first in the United States Coast Guard Reserves, then in the Marines as an Active Duty Officer and currently in the Marine Corps Reserve.
Brown's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Federal Spending and the National Debt
- Excerpt: "As of December 2013, we have a national debt of over $17 trillion; we have over $126 trillion in unfunded liabilities. Mike Conaway has directly supported this massive, big-government spending. Wade Brown has a plan of action, and not just more empty words."
- Border Security
- Excerpt: "Illegal immigration is a national security issue and requires urgent action. Wade supports a stand-alone bill establishing a 100% standard of control of people and goods entering our country."
- Excerpt: "Controlled, legal immigration, where the economic needs of our nation are the priorities, is healthy and essential; it is a vital aspect of our history and culture. Illegal immigration is a crime and should be punished, not with imprisonment, but with federally-imposed minimum fines and waiting periods."
- The Economy
- Excerpt: "Our economy is affected by many interrelated factors. At the root of the issue is a basic ideological struggle between two opposing philosophies. One side wants more government intervention in the economy, the other side wants less."
- Taxation, the Fair Tax, and the First and Fourth Amendments
- Excerpt: "The Fair Tax is not "one option" for tax reform - it is "THE solution" that Wade Brown supports. The income tax violates our First and Fourth Amendment rights and was only made possible by the passage of the 16th Amendment. The Fair Tax is the only plan that protects our liberties and adequately funds our government."
|U.S. House, Texas District 11 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Mike Conaway Incumbent||73.7%||53,107|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State, Vote totals above are unofficial and will be updated once official totals are made available.|
Brown currently resides in May, Texas, with his wife, Sarah, and their four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Wade + Brown + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Texas' 11th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Texas' 11th Congressional District
- Star-Telegram, "A crowded District 6 race," September 14, 2011
- Campaign website, "About Wade," accessed January 21, 2014
- Campaign website, "On the Issues," accessed January 21, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, 2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County," accessed December 10, 2013
- The Texas Tribune, "Primary 2014 Election Results," March 4, 2014
- Texas GOP, "Republican candidate list," accessed May 10, 2012
- Texas Secretary of State, "Unofficial Republican primary results," May 29, 2012
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |