|Kentucky House of Representatives District 37|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Birthday||February 20, 1967|
Wade is a concealed carry instructor and a licensed real estate agent.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hurt served on the following committees:
- Economic Development
- Labor and Industry
- Licensing and Occupations
- Economic Development and Tourism Committee, Kentucky General Assembly
- Labor and Industry Committee, Kentucky General Assembly
- Licensing and Occupations Committee, Kentucky General Assembly
Hurt ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Kentucky House of Representatives District 37. He lost to Jeffery M. Donohue in the Democratic primary on May 22, 2012. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 37 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Jeffery M. Donohue||63.4%||1,132|
|Wade Hurt Incumbent||36.6%||654|
Hurt faced Jeff Donohue in the general election on November 2. However, a judge ruled Donohue ineligble for failing to acquire the necessary number of signatures. Donohue's name appeared on the ballot, but his votes did not count. Hurt won the election with 3,437 votes. Democratic incumbent Ron Weston did not seek re-election.
Hurt ran unopposed in the May 18 Republican primary election.
In 2010, Hurt raised $19,008 in contributions.
His three largest contributors were:
|Kentucky House Republican Caucus Campaign Cmte||$6,813|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Wade + Hurt + Delaware + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions 2010
- Courier-Journal, "Jefferson County GOP House member switching to Democrats," April 22, 2011
- Kentucky State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 General Election Results," accessed May 6, 2014
- Kentucky State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed May 6, 2014
- The Courier Journal, "Two state House candidates ruled ineligble" October 27, 2010
- Kentucky State Board of Elections, "Official 2010 General Election Results," accessed April 30, 2014
- Kentucky State Board of Elections, "Official 2010 Primary Election Results," accessed April 30, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
Ron Weston (D)
|Kentucky House of Representatives District 37
| Succeeded by|
Jeffery M. Donohue (D)
State of Kentucky
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor Cabinet | Chairman of Public Services |