Warren County, New York
- Main Article: Evaluation of New York county websites
- Budget is posted.
- County Board members listed and can be contacted through site. Meeting calendar and minutes are available.
- Audited Financial Statements posted.
- Public records requests can be submitted though the basic contact form. No other info available.
- Zoning done by municipalities, county only does referrals.
- Open and closed bids are posted, contracts are not online.
- Tax rates and assessment rolls available.
- Administrative officials listed with contact information.
- Building permit information not provided.
- Does not disclose if belongs to government sector lobbying associations.
The Post Star blog Your Right to Know is putting together an examination of county salaries using the New York Freedom of Information Law. Warren, Washington and Saratoga counties are the counties being examined. Thus far, Warren and Washington counties have each complied fully with the request.
Warren County responded on November 21, 2008 to let the requestor know they were working on the request, and responded in full (by providing all the requested documents) on November 24, 2008. The list of county salaries should be posted at Your Right to Know soon, in the meantime, the blogger will e-mail the list directly upon request.
- Official Warren County Website
- Your Right to Know
- County profile at New York Visitors Network
- Public Records Directory - Warren County
- County profile on E-Reference
- Board of Supervisors
- Finance Reports
- FOIL Request
- Planning Board
- Real Property
- No waste? Well, let’s see. We’re FOILing county salaries, Your Right to Know, November 13, 2008
- Warren County responds to FOIL request for salaries, Your Right to Know, November 21, 2008
- Warren County salaries released, Your Right to Know, November 24, 2008