Wasco County, Oregon
Wasco County is one of 36 counties in Oregon. It was established in 1854 and is named for the Wasco (Wascopam) tribe. Wasco County has a population of 25,213 as of 2010, and The Dalles is the county seat.
See also: Evaluation of Oregon county websites
This was evaluated on June 22, 2012.
- Has elected and administrative officials' contact information online.
- Has building permits and zoning information online.
- Has tax information online covering local tax rates and school tax rates. Tax revenues can be found in the budget.
- Has audit information online since the 2004 budget.
- Meeting minutes are available from July 2009, though all but three are absent from 2012 meetings. Meeting agendas are available from September 2008. The meeting calendar is available on the County Commissioners homepage.
- Provides a way to pay property taxes and tax assessments and rates for the county.
- Provides budget information for the current and proposed budgets, but not previous budgets.
- Does not have contract, lobbying, or public records information online.
- Does not provide a contact for public records inquiries.
Ballotpedia has an article on ballot measures in Wasco County.