For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Washington's petition deadline arrives, three initiatives expected to file (Updated)
OLYMPIA, Washington: Today marks the end of petition circulation in the state of Washington. An estimated 80 initiatives have been filed in 2011, but only three are expected to file signatures by deadline. Just one day prior to the deadline, proponents of a chicken cage initiative in Washington dropped their efforts after forging a national agreement with the egg industry.
In order to qualify for the November 8, 2011 ballot, supporters are required to submit a minimum of 241,153 valid signatures. Signatures must be submitted by 5 p.m.
The three initiatives include:
|ITP||Transportation Revenue, Initiative 1132 (3)||Taxes||Prohibits gas tax and toll revenues to be diverted to non-transportation purposes|
|ITP||Restore Cuts to Long-Term Care, Initiative 1176 (16)||Taxes||Partially restores cuts to long-term in-home care services by extending sales taxes to nonresidents|
|ITP||Liquor State Licensing, Initiative 1183 (6)||Alcohol||Would close state liquor stores; allow state licensing of private parties|
- A total of 3 initiatives filed by deadline for the 2011 ballot.
- Liquor State Licensing, Initiative 1183 - submitted an estimated 354,000 signatures.
- A fourth initiative that proposed legalizing marijuana for people 18 years and older reportedly stated that they may have enough signatures to submit by deadline.
- However, it was later announced that supporters failed to reach their signature goal. "It is with heavy hearts but undiminished resolve that we report that we did not reach our signature gathering goal for I-1149," Sensible Washington said in a blog post.
- Transportation Revenue, Initiative 1132 - submitted an estimated 327,043 signatures.
- Restore Cuts to Long-Term Care, Initiative 1176 - submitted an estimated 340,000 signatures.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found