Washington 1970 ballot measures
- Two of the measures were Initiatives to the People.
- Four of the measures were legislatively-referred state statutes.
- Two of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Three of the measures were approved and five were defeated.
On the ballot
|ITP||Initiative 251||Taxes||Mandates no new taxes nor any tax increases by the state|
|ITP||Initiative 256||Business||Prohibits the sale of soft drinks and alcohol in containers not having a recycling deposit value of at least five cents|
|LRSS||Referendum 20||Abortion||Legalizes abortion in the early months of pregnancy|
|LRSS||Referendum 21||Bonds||Extends previous authorization of $40 million in bonds for outdoor recreation areas and facilities|
|LRSS||Referendum 22||Bonds||Extends previous authorization of $63,059,000 in bonds for various public building projects|
|LRSS||Referendum 23||Bonds||Extends the previous authorization of $25 million in bonds for water pollution control facilities|
|HJR 6||Elections||Lowers the voting age from 21 to 19|
|HJR 42||Taxes||Fixes the maximum rate of property taxation at 1% and imposes a flat tax on individual income and on corporate income|
- List of Washington ballot measures
- 1970 ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state