Washington 1998 ballot measures
- Three of the measures were Initiatives to the People.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred state statute.
- One of the measures was an Initiatives to the Legislature.
- Four of the measures were approved and one was defeated.
On the ballot
|ITP||Initiative 688||Min Wage||Increases the minimum wage from $4.90 to $5.70 in 1999 and to $6.50 in 2000 and afterwards annually adjusts for inflation|
|ITP||Initiative 692||Marijuana||Allows physicians to prescribe marijuana for certain terminal and debilitating conditions|
|ITP||Initiative 694||Abortion||Criminalizes late-term abortions|
|LRSS||Referendum 49||Taxes||Reduces the motor vehicle excise tax|
|ITL||Initiative 200||Affirm Action||Prohibits public institutions from discriminating or grating preferential treatment based on race, sex, color, ethnicity, or national origin|
- 1998 ballot measures
- List of Washington ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |