Washington County, New York
- Main Article: Evaluation of New York county websites
- Budget is published.
- Property tax data available in searchable database. Tax rates and info provided.
- Building permit available. Zoning is done by municipalities, county only makes referrals.
- Administrative officials listed with contact information.
- County supervisors listed in directory, but only mailing addresses are available. Meetings posted on calendar. Minutes are available.
- County audits and contracts are not online.
- Does not disclose if belongs to government sector lobbying associations.
- Information on how to make a public records request is not provided on the site.
The Post Star blog Your Right to Know is putting together an examination of county salaries using the New York Freedom of Information Law. Warren, Washington and Saratoga counties are the counties being examined. Thus far, Warren and Washington counties have each complied fully with the request.
Washington County responded on November 18, 2008 to let the requestor know they were working on the request, and responded in full (by providing all the requested documents) on November 19, 2008. The salary list is now available on the blog.
- Official Washington County Website
- Your Right to Know
- County profile at New York Visitors Network
- Public Records Directory - Washington County
- County profile on E-Reference
- Tax Search
- Real Property
- Building Permit
- No waste? Well, let’s see. We’re FOILing county salaries, Your Right to Know, November 13, 2008
- Response to FOIL: Washington County salaries coming tomorrow, Your Right to Know, November 18, 2008
- Washington County releases salaries; Post-Star FOILs for new CSEA contract, Your Right to Know, November 19, 2008
- All Washington County salaries posted on poststar.com, Your Right to Know, November 20, 2008