Washington Court of Appeals Administration, Amendment 50 (1968)
|I • II • III • IV • V • VI • VII • VIII • IX • X • XI • XII • XIII • XIV • XV • XVI • XVII • XVIII • XIX • XX • XXI • XXII • XXIII • XXIV • XXV • XXVI • XXVII • XXVIII • XXIX • XXX • XXXI • XXXII|
Shall the State Constitution be amended to provide for establishment by the legislature of a state court of appeals with such jurisdiction as may be granted by statute or rules as authorized thereby; providing that the number, manner of election, compensation, term of office, removal and retirement of judges of such court shall be prescribed by statute; and providing that the administration and procedures of the court shall be prescribed by supreme court rules?
Text of Section 30
(1) Authorization. In addition to the courts authorized in section 1 of this article, judicial power is vested in a court of appeals, which shall be established by statute.
(2) Jurisdiction. The jurisdiction of the court of appeals shall be as provided by statute or by rules authorized by statute.
(3) Review of Superior Court. Superior court actions may be reviewed by the court of appeals or by the supreme court as provided by statute or by rule authorized by statute.
(4) Judges. The number, manner of election, compensation, terms of office, removal and retirement of judges of the court of appeals shall be as provided by statute.
(5) Administration and Procedure. The administration and procedures of the court of appeals shall be as provided by rules issued by the supreme court.
(6) Conflicts. The provisions of this section shall supersede any conflicting provisions in prior sections of this article.
Judicial reform in 1968
- Alaska Compensation of Judicial Qualifications Commission, Amendment 2 (August 1968)
- Alaska Judicial Qualifications, Amendment 1 (August 1968)
- Michigan Judicial Tenure Commission Amendment, Proposal 1 (August 1968)
- Michigan Judicial Vacancies Amendment, Proposal 3 (August 1968)
- Ohio Judicial System Reorganization, Issue 3 (May 1968)
- Oklahoma State Question 441 (1968)
- Wisconsin Temporary Judicial Appointments Amendment, Question 2 (April 1968)
- Wisconsin Uniform Judicial Retirement Amendment, Question 1 (April 1968)
- Ballot measures in the State of Washington about judicial reform
- Washington 1968 ballot measures
- List of Washington ballot measures
- 1968 ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state
|state ballot measure article is a stub. You can help people learn by expanding it.|