For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction
|Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction|
|FY 2014 Budget:||$9.8 billion|
|Website:||Department Home Page|
Washington school districts
List of school districts in Washington
Public education in Washington
School board elections portal
|“||In collaboration with educators, students, families, local communities, business, labor, and government, the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction leads, supports, and oversees K-12 education, ensuring the success of all learners.
- Chief of Staff: Ken Kanikeberg
- Deputy Superintendent, K-12 Education: Alan Burke
- Chief Financial Officer: JoLynn Berge
- Assistant Superintendent, Early Learning: Robert Butts
- Assistant Superintendent, Student and School Success: Andrew Kelly
- Assistant Superintendent, Special Programs and Federal Accountability: Gil Mendoza
- Assistant Superintendent, Assessment and Student Information: Robin Munson
- Assistant Superintendent, Secondary Education and Student Support: Dan Newell
- Chief Information Officer: Peter Tamayo
- Assistant Superintendent, Teaching and Learning: Jessica Vavrus
- Executive Director, State Board of Education: Ben Rarick
State Board of Education
The State Board of Education consists of 14 members who serve four-year terms. The board also includes two non-voting members. The Governor appoints seven lay members. Five members are appointed by public school boards throughout the state and one member is appointed by private school boards. The Superintendent of Public Instruction also serves on the board. Voting members except the state superintendent are restricted to two terms on the board. The Washington Association of Student Councils picks two high school students each year to serve as non-voting members. The board's responsibilities include development of accountability standards, assessment of charter school performance and creation of programs to ensure career and college readiness.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Washington + Superintendent + Public + Instruction"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Washington Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Washington school districts
- Public education in Washington
- School board elections portal
- Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction, "K-12 Quick Facts," accessed January 21, 2014
- Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction, "Washington State Report Card," accessed January 21, 2014
- Washington State Legislature, "A Citizen's Guide to Washington State K-12 Finance 2012," accessed January 21, 2014
- Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction, "Mission Statement," accessed January 21, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction, "Agency Leadership," accessed January 21, 2014
- Washington State Board of Education, "Board Members," accessed February 19, 2014
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |
Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction | Washington school districts |