Washington Salary of Legislators, SJR 10 (1930)
The Washington Salary of Legislators Amendment, also known as Senate Joint Resolution 10, was on the November 4, 1930 ballot in Washington as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was defeated. The measure would have compensated members of the state legislature $500 annually. The measure would have amended Section 23 of Article II of the Washington State Constitution.
|Washington SJR 10 (1930)|
Election results via: Washington Secretary of State
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
|“||Shall section 23 of article 2 of the Constitution be amended so that it shall provide that the members of the legislature shall receive an annual salary of Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00).||”|
- State of Washington ballot measure election results
- State of Washington 1930 Voters Pamphlet & Local Voters Pamphlet
- State of Washington Initiatives to the Legislature
- Office of the Secretary of State, "1930 Voters Pamphlet," accessed September 13, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |