Washington State Debt Publication, HJR 39 (1966)
The Washington State Debt Publication Amendment, also known as House Joint Resolution 39, was on the November 8, 1966 ballot in Washington as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was approved. The measure required that measures on contracting the state debt be published in every legal newspaper in the state at least four times in the preceding four weeks before an election on the measure. The measure amended Section 3 of Article VIII of the Washington State Constitution.
|Washington HJR 39 (1966)|
Election results via: Washington Secretary of State
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
|“||Shall Article VIII, section 3 of the state constitution, requiring the publication, in a newspaper in each county for three months prior to the election, of the text of any law to be voted upon by the people authorizing state debts, be amended so as to require only that notice of the law be published at least four times during the four weeks preceding the election in every legal newspaper in the state?||”|
- State of Washington ballot measure election results
- State of Washington 1966 Voters Pamphlet & Local Voters Pamphlet
- Washington State Constitution (dead link)
- Office of the Secretary of State, "1966 Voters Pamphlet," accessed August 27, 2013
- Washington State Legislature, "Washington State Constitution," accessed August 28, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |