Watervliet City Fire Tax Levy Renewal Proposal (May 2013)
This measure authorized the City of Watervliet to continue a property tax levy of 2 mills ($2 per $1,000 of assessed valuation) for 3 years in order to fund fire protection services. The estimated first year revenue from this tax is $59,000.
|Watervliet City Proposal 1|
- These results are from Berrien County elections office.
Text of measure
Language on the ballot:
|“||Shall the City of Watervliet continue to levy a total of two (2) mills, which is equal to $2.00 for each $1,000.00 of taxable value, on the real and personal property subject to taxation in the City of Watervliet for the tax levy years of 2013, 2014, 2015 inclusive for the purpose of paying for fire protection services within the City, thereby raising in the first calendar year approximately $59,000.00. If approved, this would be a renewal of a previously authorized millage.||”|
- Special Elections on May 7, 2013 by County
- Michigan Secretary of State Elections Department
- Berrien County Clerk Website, Electoral Information
- Michigan SoS Public Ballot Search
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |