|Iowa House of Representatives District 65|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
|Profession||Radio Talk Show Host|
On March 16, 2010, Ford announced he would not be seeking re-election.
Ford is Co-Founder/Host of the Brown & Black Presidential Forum. He has been a Radio Talk Show Host with Des Moines WHO-AM, Founder/Executive Director of Urban Dreams, and Founder/Consultant of Wayne Ford and Associates.
He is a member of the Des Moines Mid-City Business Association, Des Moines Young Men's Christian Association Midnight Basketball Committee, National Society of Fundraising Executives, and State of Iowa Juvenile Justice Advisory Council.
Ford did not run for re-election in 2010.
On November 4, 2008, Ford was re-elected to the 65th District Seat in the Iowa House of Representatives, defeating David Barnett (R). Ford raised $36,053 for his campaign, while Barnett raised $250.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 65|
|Wayne Ford (D)||7,870|
|David Barnett (R)||3,422|
In 2008 Ford collected $36,053 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Ford, Wayne W.||$2,460|
|Iowa Democratic Party||$2,251|
|Associated General Contractors of Iowa||$1,500|
|Iowa State Bar Association||$1,300|
- Wayne Ford's Personal Website
- Wayne Ford on the Iowa House Website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart Legislative Profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Iowa Politics, "Rep. Ford: Announces decision to retire from Legislature," March 16, 2010
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Ford
- Iowa Secretary of State "Official 2008 General election results," accessed April 7, 2014
- Follow The Money "Funds raised by 2008 Iowa House candidates," accessed April 7, 2014
- 2008 Contributions to Wayne Ford
|Iowa House of Representatives District 65
| Succeeded by|
Ruth Ann Gaines
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |