Wayne Johnson, Alabama Politician
|Alabama House of Representatives District 22|
|November 3, 2010-Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
Johnson has worked in the following positions: substitute teacher, court bailiff for Madison County, criminal investigator, and deputy sheriff for Madison County. He has also served in the United States Army.
Johnson served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Criminal Justice
- Madison County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Public Safety and Homeland Security Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Homeland Security and Immigration
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 22 General Election (2010)|
|Wayne Johnson (R)||9,523|
|Butch Taylor (D)||5,177|
Johnson's website lists the following issues:
- Create new jobs
- Excerpt: "Lower taxes on individuals and small businesses to create new jobs in our district and across Alabama."
- Pass the "Arizona Law"
- Excerpt: "Pass the "Arizona Law" to fight illegal immigration and make it easier for state agencies to work with and assist the federal government in this fight."
- Protection from Obamacare
- Excerpt: "Pass legislation to protect Alabama from Obamacare and wasteful stimulus bills that harm our American way of life and the lives of future Alabamians."
- 4 year property appraisals
- Excerpt: "Return property appraisals from each year to every four years."
- Get our fair share
- Excerpt: "Bring an end to the unfair amount of our tax dollars being sent to the rest of Alabama and secure our share of funds for local roads and schools."
- Support police and fire
- Excerpt: "Support Volunteer Fire Departments and law enforcement throughout the district and make sure they have the equipment to protect our community"
In 2010, Johnson raised $150,433 in contributions. 
His five largest contributors were:
|Alabama Republican Party||$99,353|
|Friends Of Mike Hubbard||$19,500|
|Alabama Forestry Association||$5,000|
|Alabama Trucking Association||$2,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Wayne + Johnson + Alabama + House + Legislature"
- Senate bill allows 46 million immigrants by 2033, says CBO - Daily Caller
- North Carolina's state education boss wants to exempt teachers from income tax - Daily Caller
- GOP staffer claims to live on food stamps without problems, suggests cutting more - Daily Caller
- Elbert Guillory: Democrats have ignored problems facing the black community - Daily Caller
- Bachmann: Boehner will use 'loophole' to pass immigration in the House - Daily Caller
- Ayers: Obama gets a 'failing grade' as president - Daily Caller
- Florida man beaten, robbed, stripped naked on first date - Daily Caller
- Brzezinski: 'I'm probably guilty' of hypocrisy on Bush-Cheney vs. Obama NSA ... - Daily Caller
- 10 beautiful private islands you wish you could afford [SLIDESHOW - Daily Caller]
- Give me your spouse beaters ?. - Daily Caller
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Johnson has two children.
- House site
- Project Vote Smart Biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
|Alabama House District 22
| Succeeded by|