|Oklahoma State Senate District 3|
|November 23, 2016|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Master's||Lincoln Christian Seminary|
|Ph.D.||Fuller Theological Seminary|
Shaw earned his B.S. in Secondary Education from Lamar University, his master's degree from Lincoln Christian Seminary and his Doctorate from Fuller Theological Seminary. His professional experience includes working as a missionary in Africa, and serving on many community organizations, including the Grove Community Action Network.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Shaw served on the following committees:
|Oklahoma Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Public Safety|
|• Veterans and Military Affairs|
Shaw supports lower taxes, smaller government, traditional values and the Second Amendment. He is pro-life. He also will work for economic development.
- See also: Oklahoma State Senate elections, 2012
Shaw won election in the 2012 election for Oklahoma Senate District 3. Shaw defeated Cyndi McArtor in the Republican primary on June 26 and defeated Jim Bynum (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|State Senate, District 3, General Election, 2012|
|Oklahoma State Senate District 3 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Wayne Shaw is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Wayne Shaw raised a total of $124,454 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 25, 2013.
|Wayne Shaw's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Oklahoma State Senate, District 3||$124,454|
|Grand Total Raised||$124,454|
2012Wayne Shaw won election to the Oklahoma State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Wayne Shaw raised a total of $124,454.
|Oklahoma State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Wayne Shaw's campaign in 2012|
|Shaw, Wayne E||$30,000|
|Oklahoma State Republican Senatorial Committee||$5,000|
|Center for Legislative Excellence||$5,000|
|Renew Oklahoma PAC||$5,000|
|Conservative Oklahoma Leadership PAC||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$124,454|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Shaw is married with three children and four grandchildren, in addition to being a foster parent to over 20 children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Wayne + Shaw + Oklahoma + Senate'"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oklahoma State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Oklahoma State Legislature
- Oklahoma state legislative districts
- Wayne Shaw for Senate, "About Wayne Shaw," accessed May 26, 2014(Archived)
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Candidates for State Elective Office 2012," April 13, 2012
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Official Primary Election Results— June 26, 2012," July 6, 2012
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Runoff Primary Election Results— August 28, 2012," accessed May 25, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "General Election Results— November 6, 2012," accessed May 25, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Shaw, Wayne," accessed June 25, 2013
|Oklahoma State Senate District 3
| Succeeded by|