For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|U.S. House, Louisiana, District 5|
|Louisiana House of Representatives|
|High school||Amite High School|
|Bachelor's||Southeastern Louisiana University|
|Profession||Real estate broker|
- Amite High School
- B.A., Economics, Southeastern Louisiana University
- Louisiana Teaching Certificate, Tulane University
Russell has worked as a real estate broker at Weldon Russell Real Estate since 1972.
Russell ran for the U.S. House representing the 5th Congressional District of Louisiana. The election was held to replace Rodney Alexander, who announced his resignation in order to take a position as the next Secretary of the Louisiana Department of Veterans Affairs at the end of September 2013. He was defeated in the open primary on October 19, 2013.
|U.S. House, Louisiana District 5 Special Election Open Primary, 2013|
|Republican||Phillip "Blake" Weatherly||0.5%||517|
|Libertarian||Henry Herford, Jr.||0.9%||886|
|Source: Official results via Louisiana Secretary of State|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Weldon+ Russell+ Louisiana+ Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- KATC, "14 candidates in 5th District congressional race," accessed August 22, 2013
- Louisiana Secretary of State, "U. S. Representative -- 5th Congressional District," accessed October 19, 2013
- [Information submitted to BP Staff via Biographical Submission Form]
- Nola.com, "Rodney Alexander to join Jindal administration, departure from Congress will trigger special election," accessed August 8, 2013